“Nice but SA could do better”
Review of Majestic Theatre

Majestic Theatre
Ranked #8 of 273 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1929, this movie theater is beautifully ornate, featuring a domed ceiling painted with stars and clouds.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Okay folks you're not in Dallas or Houston so keep in mind that although San Antonio is a pretty big town, there's just not the market here for major broadway style shows. Having said that, the theatre itself is small but has a lot of interesting architectural themes and it's very colorful inside. The staff always do a great job accommodating & seating people and there's an open bar on the top floor to get some light refreshments during the intermission.

1  Thank Christy B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)
All reviews
in 87 reviews
in 85 reviews
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We lucked out and Harry Connick, Jr. happened to be at the theatre while we were in San Antonio. The concert was really good and the Majestic Theatre is awesome .. so beautiful! Don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I didn't have time to get all the historic details of this place but it was right across from our hotel in San Antonio so I felt compelled to attend an Symphonic concert there while celebrating an Anniversary wknd with hubby. Concert wasn't too impressive (sorry San Antonio Symphony) but the theater was quite impressive with all the history and the starlight sky.
Tickets were much too pricey for what we got but hey it's part of history

1  Thank Monika V
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love this theatre because it feels so intimate and comfortable. It almost feels like a dressed up version of my living room. Before the show starts, I always look up and around to take in the beauty of the theatre.

The last show we went to was shortly after I had foot surgery. My husband dropped me off in front of the theatre and then he drove around the block to park. I waited in the lobby and within minutes he was able to meet me. The ushers began to let people in. There are always plenty of ushers around to help direct people to their seats. Not only is the majestic a unique place to see shows, but the ushers really help keep things flowing. During intermission, they set up a system directing people into and out of the restrooms. This helps because the bar area is so close to the ladies rooms that this would be confusing for those rushing to get a drink. I have noticed that the bar area can get a bit harry, though.

I have never had a bad seat at this theatre and have only enjoyed each and every experience here.

In the past I have had a little anxiety attending the theatre in general (closed spaces), but I always feel very relaxed and comfortable here.

When the show is over, we have always been able to exit the building quite easily in spite of the crowd.

It's a little more difficult to get back to the parking garage as everyone is trying to do the same thing at the same time, but it's not too bad. Valet parking might be a good alternative.

1  Thank twofromtexas42
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This theatre is truly Majestic! Everywhere you look inside the theatre itself is ornate & intricate including the impressive sky. The acoustics are great, seats are comfortable and the mezzanine & balcony levels are steep which provides a good view. Also checkout the several floors, lobbies, and staircases which have their own appeal. The staff everywhere was plentiful and very helpful with anything you need. I saw the Doobie Brothers here and was impressed by everything but them. Not what I thought I might hear, mostly loud electric guitars.

1  Thank RockinRobin55