Personally, I rate this hotel a 3 star hotel not a 4. The Fairmount hotel is historic and pleasantly cozy, yet it left a lot to be desired. For starters, the hotel is need of renovations to freshen up its appeal. The room we booked was a Junior Suite. The room was a bit dingy and was not as clean as I would have preferred. There were also 2 bulbs out in the room. On the upside though, the room was bigger than I expected with a good view and I liked how there was a small separate living room area aside from the bedroom. In addition, the linens were of good quality, the bed was comfortable and very nice robes were available for use. The friendliness of the staff was decent. Though, in my opinion, there was really only 1 staff member (Derek) who provided hotel quality service and made my spouse and I feel welcomed. Overall, I think this hotel is really all about location. If you are looking for a historic hotel that is quiet, homely and is close to Hemisphere park or La Villita then this hotel may be a good fit for you. However, if you are wanting to be in the heart of downtown and are looking for a larger, more upscale hotel then I would consider booking at the St. Anthony hotel which is Wyndham hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate, European-style hotel built in 1906 and located on San Antonio's River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Fairmount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmount Hotel San Antonio
- Fairmount San Antonio
- Fairmount Hotel San Antonio
- The Fairmount San Antonio, Texas