A nice thirty-something room hotel with old world charm. Rooms are unique and filled with lovely old furniture. The staff, including Norman, will do whatever they can to make your stay a wonderful experience. Norman will run ice, park cars, open wine, and generally greet you as you come and go with a huge smile. For our family we felt like we had the place to ourselves. It's a quick walk through the market to the river walk. Each room has a great porch to enjoy the views.
Oh, stay away from the steaks in the restaurant. They sell you a ribeye but give you a horribly tough piece of sirloin or worse.
If you want the noise on the river walk don't stay here. If you want great value in a small hotel, try the Fairmount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate, European-style hotel built in 1906 and located on San Antonio's River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fairmount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmount Hotel San Antonio
- Fairmount San Antonio
- Fairmount Hotel San Antonio
- The Fairmount San Antonio, Texas