The Emily Morgan Hotel
US$315
US$279
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$115
US$300
US$251
US$1,949
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$174
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$190
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$179
Hotels.com
1,685 results
All reviewsgreat locationgarden tubalamo viewhaunted hotelthe river walkwarm cookiesdouble treedirectly across the streetvalet parkingbeautiful hotelwithin walking distancehistoric buildingcorner roomvalet servicegreat roomconvention centerdowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spent a night there in February. Valets were right on top of us, unloaded the car, took our bags to the room, while we walked a few short blocks to the River Walk for dinner. Beautiful decor. Wonderful location right on the square, across from the Alamo. Concierges were great! Would stay again in a heart beat! Do a carriage ride at night-sooo worth it. Love the history.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

From the moment I pulled up I was greeted with a smile. I was treated as if I was their most important guest. All of the staff was professional and personable. The room was extremely clean. I love the offer the recycle option within your room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hi Donna H,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was here at the Emily Morgan. Our staff works hard to give every guest the treatment you received. It is great for them to be recognized for it! I can't wait to share this review with the staff.
We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The Emily Morgan hotel is beautiful and if not for the safety issue I would be giving it a 5. I had stayed at the hotel several times for band conventions several years ago and loved the hotel. At that time when we checked out there was always a long wait at the elevators while 100+ kids were trying to checkout at the same time. Being a teenager I didn't pay much attention to it. I always wanted to return to the hotel and was excited to be able to return for a stay over memorial weekend. The hotel is beautiful, perfect downtown location and I was very pleased up until trying to leave yesterday. We waited in line an hour on the 4th floor waiting for a spot on the only working elevator. The second one was broke. There were guests waiting on several floors. The stair well was emergency exit only and there was no access to the lobby floor. The stairwell exited only to the street level or the other floors from the second floor up. If you opened the door to the street to exit the hotel the alarm would go off. We felt trapped!!! Finally we walked down to the second floor, caught a crowded elevator going up and then rode it back down to the lobby. As we stopped on multiple floors on the way down we saw guests that had been waiting a long time for a spot. Given that this has occurred every time I've stayed at the hotel now over several years I will not be choosing this hotel or recommend it to friends and family in the future. This is a safety issue!! The stairwell should have lobby access.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank jeblasin
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear jeblasin,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. San Antonio experienced a terrible storm over the weekend that knocked out power to one of the elevators. Unfortunately, the fire code per the city does not allow a stairwell to exit to the lobby, it must exit to the street in case of an emergency inside the hotel. I assure you that this was a one time incident that occurred and I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spent a night in the Emily Morgan last week. The hotel has a good location next door to the Alamo. It is short 3 to 5 minute walk to the Riverwalk. The hotel is a renovated, Art Deco building with lots of character. Service was good. I was greeted with a chocolate chip cookie and a painless check in. A nice touch that's appreciated when you've been traveling for six hours or so! Checkout was automatic and smooth too. Room was modern and comfortable. Had a business meeting in the hotel and lunch the following day, both worked out well. Would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I booked this hotel for my Husband's Birthday weekend. We arrived about 9 pm Friday night, in the rain, and pulled up to the Valet. There were 3 valets standing there WATCHING my husband and I get our 4 bags out of the car IN THE RAIN, when they stayed under the cover. Once in the hotel we check in and they were out of cookie's, which they are known for. We get up to our room and the room was very pretty with a great view of the Alamo. It was plenty big and nicely decorated. WELL, that is until we get into the Bathroom. It was a nice Garden tub BUT the panels on the side of the tub were on with TAPE, TAPE guys. One had already fell off and we put it back, through out the night they both kept falling off so we just kept them off. Therefore you could see under the tub...GROSS and creepy.
We went to bed in a comfortable bed but HORRIBLE pillows. There were the " flat tire pillows" where the second you put your head on them they go flat. Our A/C didn't work well so the first night was miserable and sweaty. We had to set the unit on 45 degrees just to keep the hotel at a decent temp the whole time we were there. Every time to A/C would come on it would make this horrible LOUD noise and wake you up. EVERY TIME. Friday night the storm got really bad and rained the first part of Saturday and they have Satellite T/V so guess what. We didn't have ANY TV because the storm had knocked it out. SO we were bored for several hours until it slowed down.

We decide to go out for a late breakfast Saturday morning, We call down to Valet and ask for our car. We arrive downstairs about 10 minutes later to NO car. They don't know where it is. REALLY?!! " YOU LOST MY CAR?!" the valets answer " No, we just lost the keys." REALLY guy?! Because that is SO much better. So After they had my husband go through all the keys they had we found the keys and they brought the car around.

We come back and drop the car back off and they guy states " You can keep the same Valet number" okay. we go and enjoy San Antonio.
Sunday when we go to check out we call Valet to get our car and start to head out. The elevators are BROKEN. Only one is working and there is a line to get on. OMG AND the Stairs are for emergency ONLY. We had to wait 15 minutes to get to an elevator THEN to find out since we were on the 7th floor other people, of course were on it as well, us AND our luggage would not all fit on it. We got passed up 3 times because they were SO full.

We finally get down stairs after a 30 minute ordeal to find our car not waiting on us. We ask and they tell us, they are getting it. We watch SEVERAL people walk up and give there tickets to Valet and get there car.... we called down AHEAD of time 30 minutes ago....... only to find out OMG they lost my car AGAIN!!!! We had manager after manager...... One Valet said" I know where your car is." and ran off... Thinking the kid was getting it right.... NOPE. He was just letting them know he knew where it was..OMG come on. after about a total 45 minutes we get our car. They parked it in the wrong spot. All of this for a DAILY $28 charge for Valet...

NEVER COME HERE. HORRIBLE, CARELESS, AND UN-ORGANIZED.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Courtney M

Dear Courtney M.
We are so sorry to hear that your stay with us was so unpleasant. Unfortunately San Antonio experienced terrible storms that night; a record of 10 inches of rain in one night! It knocked out our cable and power in one of the elevators. The valet issues we take very seriously and I would like to see who you reported these problems to at the hotel. I am going to send you my contact phone and email so you can reach me personally. Again, I am so sorry for the problems that arose during your stay.