“The Emily Morgan Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
La Porte, Texas
“The Emily Morgan Hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed there over Mother's Day and had a great time. We stayed in the King Junior suite with the garden tub. It was a beautiful room and we loved the tub. The room service was superb but we were a little disappointed in the bar. We also had their Mother's Day Brunch and it was very good. The location is great....right downtown, close to the river walk and right across the street from the Alamo. Over all we had a great time and have booked again for July. This is a haunted hotel, but we had not sightings...which made my husband very happy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Very Convenient Location To Alamo (Literally Right Across The Street) And Less Than 5 Minutes To Riverwalk. Location Was Best Aspect Of This Hotel. Rooms Were On The Small Side. Staff Very Helpful And Friendly. Would Stay Again Based On location.

• Stayed June 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My wife and I are currently checked into this hotel (6/15) celebrating our first anniversary. The room is great and has a nice view. our first nights stay was great, but this morning we decided to sleep in but was woke up by the sound of barking. It appears one of the guest next to us has pets and it has been barking for over an hour now. I called down to the front desk and was told by a manager that they could not get in touch with the owners of the pet (and they cannot enter the room to remove the pet) so the only thing they could do was move them or us. There was one important catch...... they could not move us until after 3pm. It is currently 12pm so we have to put up with a barking dog (that the owner doesn't even have to deal with) for at least 4 hours. I know the hotel cannot control how their guest behave, but I thought that they would have at the very minimum have removed us from that situation immediately.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim D
texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We got the room on priceline but were extremely satisfied. We needed to check in early (noon), and they gladly allowed this. Very convenient to everything. Across from the Alamo and a couple blocks from the Riverwalk, but that can be a plus, because it allows you to see more of downtown above ground and is a quieter at night. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My family and I recently stayed over the weekend. Since it is a historic building I was afraid the rooms would smell. However, I was very surprised to find out that the rooms are totally renovated with a contemporary design. The furniture is very nice, new, and the bathrooms are also nicely designed. The price was very reasonably compared to other hotels and it is conveniently located right next to the Alamo. The was very nice and friendly. I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding weekend. Everything else we initially tried was booked, but the price was reasonable and the trip advisor reviews were good so we gave it a try. We're glad we did -- we thought it was awesome. We loved the "modern hill country" style, cleanliness of everything, the whirlpool bath thing and the view of the alamo area. I also appreciated the free wifi. The room service / late night food prices were ridiculous and the quality sucked, and the clean up service was a little slow... but everything else was so nice and fun that we'd still return and have recommended it to other people looking for a place to stay in San Antonio. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed on Saturday night. We had reserved a King bed room. The room itself was small and the bathroom was very tight indeed. There was very little counter space in the bathroom, one short towel rack and one hook on the back of the door, which made things challenging. We could have used more hooks since we had gone swimming (nice but very small pool) and needed them to hang our suits to dry. The room and bathroom were nicely decorated in the more modern trend of browns/beiges/dark oranges. The bathroom had a shower/tub combination: the pro to this was the shower head was very high, which I love, but the bathtub is of what seems to be the newer sort in hotels, that isn't curved at the back so you can't relax in it. Toiletries are fine. As for the room itself, the bed was comfortable. They have WiFI but it is not included and I could not determine from the room materials what the fee was, so I just skipped it and relied on my phone. The TV was fine. There are robes, always a nice touch.

We did not eat at ORO but we did have drinks at the bar, and it was pleasant. Valet parking was prompt and while it is possible to self-park, my personal preference is to let the valet handle it when in a downtown area. The hotel is right next to the Alamo and is close walking distance to the Rivercenter Mall and the Riverwalk attractions. I had stayed here before it was a Doubletree property and I do feel it has lost a bit of its individuality but it is still a very nice, comfortable, well-located hotel. I do not recall the name of the desk clerk who checked us in but he was very friendly. I would be happy to stay here again.