The Emily Morgan Hotel
US$165
US$160
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$367
US$336
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
US$134
ComfortSuites
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$279
US$185
US$177
  • Pool
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$147
1,701 results
All reviewsgreat locationgarden tubalamo viewhaunted hotelthe river walkwarm cookiesdouble treedirectly across the streetvalet parkingbeautiful hotelwithin walking distancehistoric buildingcorner roomvalet servicegreat roomconvention centerdowntown area
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

In San Antonio for business and had the opportunity to stay at the Emily Morgan which is directly adjacent to The Alamo. So glad I did. The Alamo has always been of interest to me and I'm glad I had the chance to visit. There are no real surprises or must see's but being a fan of the sacrifice and history that unfolded on the site, it's very hard not to be impressed. I would highly encourage anyone who had the opportunity to take advantage and spend some time touring the site.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was in the best location. We literally were across the street from the historic Alamo museum, and were down the street from the Riverwalk. For parking, we did not do the valet ..because $28 is too much, so instead just park on Alamo st, behind the hotel in the Alamo Parking lot for $15 for 24 hrs! It is safe there and you have in and out privileges. My husband and I received a warm welcome on our arrival and were given two warm chocolate chip cookies which were delicious.

Cons: Room was very small. No microwave. No fridge. No ice machine on our floor, had to go to floor above or below ours.

Pros: Great location, great decor, clean, great and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Park in the Alamo Parking to save money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IJP21APRIL
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First off this hotel is beautiful. The views of the Alamo are definitely worth the stay and the price. However, the reason for the average rating is that the employees lacked the customer service that we have experienced at other hotels.

The valet just stood there as I emptied the car with my kids. And we had to hold the door open ourselves while pulling a load of luggage when we were trying to leave. I know this is a simple thing, but when a doorman/valet is just standing there, it seems odd that they would not open and then hold the door while three ladies walked in and out.

The exception to the above, was Carlito Alexander who was amazing and very attentive. He knew how to take care of guests.

As far as the room was concerned, it could be amazing, but the TV is too small and too far away from the beds. It would be nice to have a fridge/microwave for leftover food. But the worst issue is there is a large, loud sliding see-through door that separates the bathtub/shower from the rest of the room. When traveling with modest teens, a see-through door with the beds right next to the door is awful.

We were extremely happy that the hotel was dog friendly, yet clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Athomps2013, General Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear LuvHaribo,

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your visit. I appreciate you found the hotel to be beautiful and had a great service encounter with Carlito. I will be sure to share this feedback with him. I want to apologize for the lack of attentiveness from our Valet team. I will be reviewing this also with the team. Concerning our doors, for future stays, we can provide double bedded rooms that do not have the large double doors. If you would like to contact us, we would be happy to update your preferences in our system.
We would love to have you and family return for a visit soon.

Best,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

To appreciate The Emily Morgan, make it longer than one night! Boutique and Hilton or DoubleTree are not words I'd expect to use in the same sentence, but because you can with The EM' it makes for a wonderful stay. I was in and out for an overnight stay for a conference. I added an eStandby upgrade to my original reservation of 2 nights and received it. But before that was the welcome I received from the valet/bell staff. This team of gentlemen became my new best friends! Unloading the car, going back to the car 15 minutes later when I realized I left something in it, loaning me an umbrella, directions to the conference hotel, recommendation on where to purchase a souvenir - all this in a 22-hour stay!! Thanks, Rudy!

Check-in was seamless. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful on all encounters. I don't think I ever waited for help when I needed to visit with desk staff. That's when you appreciate 'boutique' and fewer rooms/guests.

The king suite was very well appointed. Large seating area, generous closet and drawer space, large flat screen TV, small sink, personal coffee maker, comfy king bed, and then there's the bathroom! This suite occupies the corner section of the building and I applaud the architects for maximizing such an odd space. As you walk into the bathroom, there's a small alcove that serves as a vanity area. Nice mirror and shelf space. If I were to 'complain' it would be because I didn't find an outlet in this space (could have been me) and the seating (a wheeled ottoman) didn't move around the tile very well; a throw rug or different tiling (1 large piece instead of multiple 12-inchers) might solve that. Next is the large air jet tub/shower combo opposite the spacious sink/vanity area. It reminded me of a galley kitchen, but wasn't uncomfortable at all. Just beyond that was a separate, large water closet. With the exception of the WC and the sitting area, all the windows overlooked The Alamo, an added treat. If you see exterior pics of the building, the corner windows are over the tub (bring candles if it's a romantic visit!)

When I was running late on check out, the housekeeping manager knocked and I had a chance to share my experience and let him know about a lightbulb that was out. This was my second Hilton San Antonio stay. Two years ago I was at the Palacios del Rio (also reviewed here) and I liked that property. The EM' is now my NEW favorite place in The Alamo City.

Wish I could share more about the bar, restaurant, gym, pool.... NEXT time, when I stay longer!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear DonnoR,

What a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your one night visit and we look forward to the next visit. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in San Antonio.

We hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stay here every time we can, hands down. Not a better historic hotel in San Antonio. Modern amenities and updated rooms, with a great historic feel of a beautiful building. The bar and breakfasts are excellent, and the staff always friendly and helpful. I'm not a die hard Double Tree guest anywhere else in the world, but will not stay any other place when we're in San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business