“Relish San Antonio with an Emily Morgan stay”

The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #29 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Cairo, Egypt
“Relish San Antonio with an Emily Morgan stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently I spent a week at the Emily Morgan while my son and daughter-in-law joined me. It was my son's first vacation in years and he wanted to get to know as much about San Antonio's rich history as he could. So we booked a week at the Emily Morgan. I had booked a suite so we could all relax and not feel as if we had to be going every minute. It was twice the size of my living room here in Cairo with a huge king bed, a leather sectional, a large desk and a mini bar set into a cabinet. Can I just say one word? Perfect. I hardly know where to begin. Probably with the bed, a Sealy Dream that was indeed the very best bed I have ever slept in. I can not describe it - soft and cushy and also FIRM. How did they do that? And the Receptionist informed me that was the standard bed in all their rooms. My kids had a separate room, but we gathered round the leather sofa in the mornings to enjoy breakfast and plan our day. We sampled just about everything on the breakfast menu while we were there and a few things on the lunch menu. Emily Morgan Staff, thank you so much for all you did to help us relax while we enjoyed your beautiful stay.

Room Tip: Try to select a room facing the Alamo.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello Lovestraveling_10,
Wow, thank you for your glowing review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive review from you, a seasoned traveler, means the world to us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose our hotel next time you visit the Alamo City. Happy traveling!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
houston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have liked the DoubleTree's over all, but this one blew me away with the customer service and cleanliness. The staff went beyond my expectations in making me and my wife feel special. The location is convenient and easy to walk around the River-walk area. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Keller, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Beautiful hotel - great location. The room was so comfortable - cold and quiet. The location couldn't be better - right across from the Alamo and a short walk to Riverwalk. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As a result of attending a conference, I had the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel for several days. When I checked in and was given a chocolate chip cookie and the "punch of the day", I already knew this was going to be a wonderful stay. Check-in was a breeze and I really appreciated that because my buddy and I had a pretty long drive. Here is a quick overview of some of the other features:

Room: I was on the 6th floor and even though I didn't have the best view, the make-up of the room clearly made up for it. The room was very spacious and I had plenty of room to work with (as I literally brought my office with me). Our room had a very nice sitting area and the beds were really comfortable. I did a lot of walking and had no problems getting to sleep at night. The AC is a little tricky, but we were able to set it at a temperature that was comfortable.

Bathroom: The most interesting features was the bathroom door which was a sliding door. It definitely adds character to the room. Even though our bathrooms didn't have double sinks, I did like the fact that the toilet was separated by a door in the bathroom. I think that's truly convenient if you're rooming with more than one person. The tub/shower is pretty huge and the water pressure from the showerhead was to my liking.

Exercise Room: The exercise room was located on the second floor and it is a little bit small. However, there is plenty of equipment to choose from and the pool is right outside. Towels are provided for you so that you don't have to bring your own.

Location: I didn't realize how close I was to the Alamo until we got there. It is literally right across the street. In addition, there are plenty of restaurants, museums, shopping centers that you can visit...all within walking distance. The only time we really drove somewhere was when we wanted to eat a particular restaurant that wasn't in the area. Other than that, if you don't want to drive anywhere, you can literally walk to get whatever it is that you need.

Valet: Even though it's $28.00 per day, I think it's worth the convenience. It's almost like "Where's Waldo" to try and get a parking spot on your own if you're not familiar with the area, so my friend and I decided that we would just let the valets worry about where to park.

Overall...I loved my stay. Now...I didn't take too much stock in this place being haunted, but since I wasn't on one of the apparently haunted floors, I was very pleased with my visit. I would definitely stay here again since I didn't see anything supernatural.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Alamo.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear lanikki18,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a thorough review. Your comments are truly valuable in helping us to maintain and achieve our quality and service goals. Thank you and we hope that you return to see us soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are looking to hang out and relax at your hotel for a few days, then this is probably not the hotel for you. The rooms are very small and the lobby is always very busy. If you are looking for a hotel with a great staff, clean beautiful rooms, and access to most everything in San Antonio, then this is an absolutely lovely hotel. They do spray a strong smell into the rooms so make sure. I loved it but if you are sensitive to smells make sure you ask for them to not spray your room before check in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
dallas, tx, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

is a great place for to stay quiet....i will to come back again. close to the alamo and the tower of the america, close to downtown san antonio, is a great building.. we was in the 14 floor and is a awesome the view of the city.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

A few smaller issues... when I checked in the elevators were down requiring everyone to use service elevator. The wait for this elevator was very long. Next, upon arrival to guest room for first time my room smelled like the swimming pool. I was not in room much, but I called to mention concern and the operator told me it did not smell and never offered to do anything like move me or have someone refresh room. By the time I came back late at night I was to tired to care. The next day the smell was gone possibly because I got used to it or housekeeper took care of it. Also there was a light out in restroom. I called and they had that fixed quickly. Perhaps the room had been vacant for a while as even temperature in room when I first got there was on high side. I would definitely stay here again, but would ask for a room not next to a stairwell and not right above the swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2014