“Stay at Emily Morgan”

The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #26 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderfully decorated, comfortable rooms, helpful staff, and an excellent restaurant. We were met by the staff and our luggage was taken right to our room, we were called and asked if everything was ok in our room and did we need anything else. Very Nice

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with an excellent staff. Chris (front desk) and Camillo (bell service) were outstanding! The room was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean. Our needs were met promptly and courteously. We were provided a small refrigerator upon our request.

The lobby has computers with a printer for guests to use. There is a seldom used library (a large comfortable room behind the front desk) with a flat screen TV and a variety of books for guests to borrow. The bar is a comfortable place to hang out. The drinks were good (we didn't try the food) and the bartender, Dave, was fun to talk to. The front desk always had warm cookies to offer us, as well as apples and fresh fruit water.

The workout room is very small but clean. There is a limited amount of equipment there. The pool is tiny, unattractive and in the shade for most of the day. The pool was probably the only thing that disappointed me about this hotel.
This hotel is directly across the street from The Alamo and a short walking distance from the San Antonio Riverwalk. There are many fine restaurants and fun shops in the area.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Alamo costs more, but it's much more attractive than looking at the pa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently I spent a week at the Emily Morgan while my son and daughter-in-law joined me. It was my son's first vacation in years and he wanted to get to know as much about San Antonio's rich history as he could. So we booked a week at the Emily Morgan. I had booked a suite so we could all relax and not feel as if we had to be going every minute. It was twice the size of my living room here in Cairo with a huge king bed, a leather sectional, a large desk and a mini bar set into a cabinet. Can I just say one word? Perfect. I hardly know where to begin. Probably with the bed, a Sealy Dream that was indeed the very best bed I have ever slept in. I can not describe it - soft and cushy and also FIRM. How did they do that? And the Receptionist informed me that was the standard bed in all their rooms. My kids had a separate room, but we gathered round the leather sofa in the mornings to enjoy breakfast and plan our day. We sampled just about everything on the breakfast menu while we were there and a few things on the lunch menu. Emily Morgan Staff, thank you so much for all you did to help us relax while we enjoyed your beautiful stay.

Room Tip: Try to select a room facing the Alamo.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello Lovestraveling_10,
Wow, thank you for your glowing review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive review from you, a seasoned traveler, means the world to us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose our hotel next time you visit the Alamo City. Happy traveling!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have liked the DoubleTree's over all, but this one blew me away with the customer service and cleanliness. The staff went beyond my expectations in making me and my wife feel special. The location is convenient and easy to walk around the River-walk area. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Beautiful hotel - great location. The room was so comfortable - cold and quiet. The location couldn't be better - right across from the Alamo and a short walk to Riverwalk. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As a result of attending a conference, I had the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel for several days. When I checked in and was given a chocolate chip cookie and the "punch of the day", I already knew this was going to be a wonderful stay. Check-in was a breeze and I really appreciated that because my buddy and I had a pretty long drive. Here is a quick overview of some of the other features:

Room: I was on the 6th floor and even though I didn't have the best view, the make-up of the room clearly made up for it. The room was very spacious and I had plenty of room to work with (as I literally brought my office with me). Our room had a very nice sitting area and the beds were really comfortable. I did a lot of walking and had no problems getting to sleep at night. The AC is a little tricky, but we were able to set it at a temperature that was comfortable.

Bathroom: The most interesting features was the bathroom door which was a sliding door. It definitely adds character to the room. Even though our bathrooms didn't have double sinks, I did like the fact that the toilet was separated by a door in the bathroom. I think that's truly convenient if you're rooming with more than one person. The tub/shower is pretty huge and the water pressure from the showerhead was to my liking.

Exercise Room: The exercise room was located on the second floor and it is a little bit small. However, there is plenty of equipment to choose from and the pool is right outside. Towels are provided for you so that you don't have to bring your own.

Location: I didn't realize how close I was to the Alamo until we got there. It is literally right across the street. In addition, there are plenty of restaurants, museums, shopping centers that you can visit...all within walking distance. The only time we really drove somewhere was when we wanted to eat a particular restaurant that wasn't in the area. Other than that, if you don't want to drive anywhere, you can literally walk to get whatever it is that you need.

Valet: Even though it's $28.00 per day, I think it's worth the convenience. It's almost like "Where's Waldo" to try and get a parking spot on your own if you're not familiar with the area, so my friend and I decided that we would just let the valets worry about where to park.

Overall...I loved my stay. Now...I didn't take too much stock in this place being haunted, but since I wasn't on one of the apparently haunted floors, I was very pleased with my visit. I would definitely stay here again since I didn't see anything supernatural.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Alamo.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear lanikki18,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a thorough review. Your comments are truly valuable in helping us to maintain and achieve our quality and service goals. Thank you and we hope that you return to see us soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are looking to hang out and relax at your hotel for a few days, then this is probably not the hotel for you. The rooms are very small and the lobby is always very busy. If you are looking for a hotel with a great staff, clean beautiful rooms, and access to most everything in San Antonio, then this is an absolutely lovely hotel. They do spray a strong smell into the rooms so make sure. I loved it but if you are sensitive to smells make sure you ask for them to not spray your room before check in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business