“Great Location and experience”

The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #26 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
“Great Location and experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed a week in this hotel. First located on the 14th floor, but elevators make quite a loud "hum" when they run and I had a problem sleeping. Next day they offered us another great room on 10th, and all was well. Staff are wonderful and professional at all times. Location is right next to the Alamo and the River Walk, so everything is very easy to walk to. We look forward to staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was very clean and the location was awesome for my business visit. It was great that it was near the Alamo and the River Walk two nice places to visit. The people were very friendly and helpful. The only down side was there were elevator issues for two of the days of I was there and my room was on the 14th floor. The wait time was too long. The repair took too long as well. I had a problem with me leaving my tax exempt form at home. That was taken care of for me after the fact. I really appreciated it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Evelyn J,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed our location and the helpfulness of our staff. I apologize for the inconvience that you experienced due to one of the elevators being repaired. We have addressed the concern with our repair company as well. I am glad that we were able to get your tax situation fixed. We will work with our front desk staff to make this a smoother process next time. We hope that you will return to our hotel next time you are in town.
Thank you again for your review.
Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderfully decorated, comfortable rooms, helpful staff, and an excellent restaurant. We were met by the staff and our luggage was taken right to our room, we were called and asked if everything was ok in our room and did we need anything else. Very Nice

Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with an excellent staff. Chris (front desk) and Camillo (bell service) were outstanding! The room was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean. Our needs were met promptly and courteously. We were provided a small refrigerator upon our request.

The lobby has computers with a printer for guests to use. There is a seldom used library (a large comfortable room behind the front desk) with a flat screen TV and a variety of books for guests to borrow. The bar is a comfortable place to hang out. The drinks were good (we didn't try the food) and the bartender, Dave, was fun to talk to. The front desk always had warm cookies to offer us, as well as apples and fresh fruit water.

The workout room is very small but clean. There is a limited amount of equipment there. The pool is tiny, unattractive and in the shade for most of the day. The pool was probably the only thing that disappointed me about this hotel.
This hotel is directly across the street from The Alamo and a short walking distance from the San Antonio Riverwalk. There are many fine restaurants and fun shops in the area.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Alamo costs more, but it's much more attractive than looking at the pa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently I spent a week at the Emily Morgan while my son and daughter-in-law joined me. It was my son's first vacation in years and he wanted to get to know as much about San Antonio's rich history as he could. So we booked a week at the Emily Morgan. I had booked a suite so we could all relax and not feel as if we had to be going every minute. It was twice the size of my living room here in Cairo with a huge king bed, a leather sectional, a large desk and a mini bar set into a cabinet. Can I just say one word? Perfect. I hardly know where to begin. Probably with the bed, a Sealy Dream that was indeed the very best bed I have ever slept in. I can not describe it - soft and cushy and also FIRM. How did they do that? And the Receptionist informed me that was the standard bed in all their rooms. My kids had a separate room, but we gathered round the leather sofa in the mornings to enjoy breakfast and plan our day. We sampled just about everything on the breakfast menu while we were there and a few things on the lunch menu. Emily Morgan Staff, thank you so much for all you did to help us relax while we enjoyed your beautiful stay.

Room Tip: Try to select a room facing the Alamo.
Hello Lovestraveling_10,
Wow, thank you for your glowing review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive review from you, a seasoned traveler, means the world to us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose our hotel next time you visit the Alamo City. Happy traveling!
houston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have liked the DoubleTree's over all, but this one blew me away with the customer service and cleanliness. The staff went beyond my expectations in making me and my wife feel special. The location is convenient and easy to walk around the River-walk area. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Keller, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Beautiful hotel - great location. The room was so comfortable - cold and quiet. The location couldn't be better - right across from the Alamo and a short walk to Riverwalk. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple