“I can see the Alamo from my window!”

The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #25 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Lovely old building just steps away from the Alamo. The valets and desk staff were very helpful and attentive. Liked our room. Bathroom was spacious which I really like better than feeling like I'm in a closet.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Christine W,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel. Come back soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you're interested in visiting the Alamo, this is the place. Right across the street from there, and many of the rooms have a view of the grounds of the Alamo. The Riverwalk area is about a 5 minute walk away.
The room we had was very comfortable, clean with good bedding. Shower was good with strong pressure despite a high floor room, and the commode is in a separate little room, which makes things more practical when several are staying in one room.
The check-in was a little slow on a Sunday evening, but once I got to the desk, things went very quickly, and the staff was very friendly. Parking is valet ($28), but it is worth it as on a busy summer weekend, the parking lots/garages in the area are full to capacity and thus this is really convenient and efficient. We had breakfast buffet the following morning, and staff there was very efficient and friendly, too. Checking out was simple, and the valet had already brought the car up to the area in front of the hotel, so that was really well done.
Plus, it's a Doubletree, so the cookies were given out, as always, and free wi-fi, which is much appreciated.

Hi FranknDebbie,
Thank you for your Super review! We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you used the valet parking; you are right, it can get tricky downtown on the weekends. We try to make check out as seamless as possible and I will share your review with our staff as they achieved that for you and your family. We hope to have y'all back soon, the warm Doubletree cookie will be waiting!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

this is a wonderful old hotel located 150 feet from the Alamo in San Antonio. The rooms were great as were the beds. Very nice hotel staff at every turn. Their food was fine with a reasonable price and great service. We love that old historic hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Emily Morgan is in a great place for someone visiting San Antonio. It is right across from the Alamo and the Riverwalk is a short walk away. The rooms were nicely appointed. Mine was a little small but it was great for me. It even had a lounge-type chair fir reading/watching TV. The check-in was smooth and trouble free. The staff was very helpful. The in-hotel restaurant was a bit expensive for the quality. Parking is a bit of an issue. There is valet parking (about $28/day) and no free self-parking. I was on the 14th floor which had a great view. The only issue I had was that my room was near the elevators so you could hear the motors for the lifts all night. I'm a heavy sleeper so it really didn't bother me however, others might be sensitive to the noise. Overall, I'd stay there again (even on the 14th floor) and would recommend it to friends and family.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed a week in this hotel. First located on the 14th floor, but elevators make quite a loud "hum" when they run and I had a problem sleeping. Next day they offered us another great room on 10th, and all was well. Staff are wonderful and professional at all times. Location is right next to the Alamo and the River Walk, so everything is very easy to walk to. We look forward to staying here again!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was very clean and the location was awesome for my business visit. It was great that it was near the Alamo and the River Walk two nice places to visit. The people were very friendly and helpful. The only down side was there were elevator issues for two of the days of I was there and my room was on the 14th floor. The wait time was too long. The repair took too long as well. I had a problem with me leaving my tax exempt form at home. That was taken care of for me after the fact. I really appreciated it.

Dear Evelyn J,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed our location and the helpfulness of our staff. I apologize for the inconvience that you experienced due to one of the elevators being repaired. We have addressed the concern with our repair company as well. I am glad that we were able to get your tax situation fixed. We will work with our front desk staff to make this a smoother process next time. We hope that you will return to our hotel next time you are in town.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderfully decorated, comfortable rooms, helpful staff, and an excellent restaurant. We were met by the staff and our luggage was taken right to our room, we were called and asked if everything was ok in our room and did we need anything else. Very Nice