“Could have been better...”

The Emily Morgan Hotel
Ranked #27 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had stayed at the hotel before and had a great experience so we decided to stay here again, wish I could say the same about this go around but was disappointed. The valet and clerks at front desk were super nice but as soon as we stood at the elevator to head up to our room, we seriously waited for what seemed like 10minutes till one of the three elevators came down. On our way up we quickly realized why, there must have been some sort of event happening because there was a huge number of teenagers (none looked over 12yrs) staying at the hotel, none looked supervised, and we stopped at practically ever floor on the way up to our 14th floor!!! Because at every one we stopped at there was a group of teens pushing the elevator button, none would get in, keep saying they would catch the next one, as if it was a game. People on the elevator with us at the time must have had been experiencing the same encounters because they had the same comments to make. When we finally got to our room, the one next to us was open showing a large group of boys and girls with the music turned up. All in all the actual hotel and staff are great, just make sure you check if there is any kind of events happening when you stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the King Suites with Whirlpool.. highly recommend it!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I live in Ft. Hood so when his sister came down we thought a trip to San Antonio would be nice. When we got a room at the Emily Morgan and I was amazed how beautiful the hotel was. After checking in we asked about parking and was told the valet was the bast option. After being informed that valet was $28 a night PLUS TAX we decided to park our car else where. After taking our luggage up to our room we went out on the RiverWalk and had a great night. We came back, showered, and crawled into bed. As I was laying in bed reading the news my husband pointed out that there was hair all over the top corner of the mattress. I then got up to look and sure enough, there was, what looked to be pubic hair, on the top of the mattress and right in the middle where I was laying. We called the front desk, someone was sent up to change our sheets and we were informed that there would be a discount on our room. Now it is a week later and we have been charged full price for the room. When we called to ask about why were charged full price they respond with "There aren't any notes on your account so there's nothing we can do at this time."

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Moah U
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose this hotel because of the price, it was close to a business meeting for my husband, and it would allow pets. We knew it was in the downtown area and close to the Alamo, but arriving at the hotel I was surprised to see how close (just across the street) it really was. I was concerned about what the noise level might be in the room, but to our surprise, the room was super quiet! The only problem I had with the room was the size. We had a king size bed and an extremely SMALL room. They had all of the furniture in the room that they would have in a larger room so there was only a small path around the bed to the door or bathroom. There really wasn't a good place to put the luggage rack so that it would not be in the way.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Room was clean and staff very courteous. Was a pleasure to stay in this hotel. Great location to all downtown San Antonio activities. Requiring a minimum of 200 words for this review SUCKS! Their is no reason to require this many words if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

For the price, I have stayed in nicer more spacious rooms. We had a corner view, (2 walls with windows) which was nice. But the 2 queen beds filled the room and were very close together. The bed was incredibly firm, which I did not like. But my friend who likes a firmer mattress, felt the beds were comfortable. If you are going to experience the paranormal make what you will of the following... the lamp came on and off during the middle of the night waking us. Around 1am, I was in the bathroom and heard what sounded like several people on the stairs. I opened the exit door to find a metal fire escape on the exterior of the building. We were on the 9th floor. There is no card access into the hotel or even door handles on the metal doors. I thought it might be someone going to their room until I realized the set up. The next day was windy and there was no sound, so not my second guess either. It was clearly someone on the stairs, who knows it could have been someone that locked themselves out exploring. But it was a lot of hurried footsteps. The other weird thing, was my friend, her son, and myself not sleeping well because of feeling anxious. And no, I am not intimidated by paranormal and the son was unaware, so it wasn't just freaking ourselves out. Beautiful hotel, lots of historical features on display, but not the best nights sleep.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

old carpets….bugs/fleas cause bites on legs…..staff did not address it, or offer to move us, and never followed up with us to see how we were doing. no coffee maker, and the doors keep de-magnetizing (very frustrating). The bar service was horribly slow and non-existent for long stretches of time. The beds were decent as was the bathroom facilities. The air was ok, but not very strong.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is generally a good place to stay and is very comfortable. There was an issue of getting the wrong room at first and the air conditioning not working properly but the staff took care of that very quickly. We got the hotel breakfast buffet in our package and it ended up a pretty good deal. A little distant from the convention center but close to just about everything else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business