“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #71 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Kansas City, Kansas
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Looks like a great hotel and definitely has potential to be one with better management ! Housekeeping on 2nd floor should be fired. Dirtiest hotel we stayed at in 7 day vacation . Dirty towels, dirty floor, broken drain, mildew in shower , dirty cup and sock was past up by housekeeping entire stay in front of our door from previous guest. I told them I had dirty towels and they actually made me bring them to the front desk to prove it. Every time I had to complain about something there was always another guest doing the same at the front desk. The hotel resturant was terrible! Bad food and service ... Plus expensive ! Would NEVER STAY AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Alissa G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Alissa G,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I sincerely apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the maintenance conditions on site and shortcomings in the service of the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We reserved a queen suite 2 months ago to take the fam to Sea World. We arrived to check in at 4PM and were told the room was not clean yet. The guy at the front desk was not at all apologetic about the inconvenience, and with two impatient little kids in tow, it was difficult to be understanding. He gave us some bar vouchers after waiting nearly 30 minutes in the lobby for an update on our room. Bar vouchers, great...how about a babysitter to go with that so I can actually use them...

The queen suite was nice when we finally got into it, the AC works great and the place appeared clean. But you need to ask for extra towels if you are more than 2 people. Only two towels in the room, as other reviews have stated.

Get your cleaning crew some help, and maybe give the front desk guy a helper and you can get a higher rating Holiday Inn.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Teetop2084
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Teetop2084,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. Thank you for you positive feedback regarding the Queen Suite you received. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with the staff service received. Your feedback will be shared with the staff to insure and implement procedures so issues such as your wait time do not occur again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Zelyn N
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2013

First of all this is a nice place to stay but I don't feel that it lives up to a 3 star rating, more like a 2 1/2 star to me. We were traveling with our daughter and her husband and had two rooms. We booked them for a very reasonable price.

Check in was nice and friendly. I usually don't nit-pick but there were several little things that bugged me. Here are a few things: When we walked in our room the bed wasn't finished and there were candy wrappers in the closet. It was almost like they stopped in the middle of cleaning. Our room did not have a luggage rack to put the suitcase on and the tub stopper was missing in the other room. There were a few "gobbers" on the shower curtain and the bathroom wall...gross! The beds are pretty firm and not too comfy. Plenty of pillows, both hard and soft. The carpets looked dirty in the traffic areas.

The amenities were a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner and two small bars of soap, none of which were replenished the second day. I thought this was pretty skimpy for a "3 star." The bathroom is large with the vanity inside the bathroom. The lighting wasn't the best which was hard for our son in law who has vision problems. The bathtub didn't have a non-slip mat and its a large step out of it. The water pressure was poor. Maybe this is because its a "green" hotel.

The rooms have a small fridge and microwave and a coffee pot. No complementary coffee, cookies, etc in the lounge area. They do have free wifi and free shuttles to Sea World.

The indoor pool area was nice and the temperature was perfect. The hot tub is located outside. Overall it's a nice place but you get more with a 2 1/2 star!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank westernmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear westernmom,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I'm glad that you found the indoor pool to be nice. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with some of the room amenities. Kindly be assured that all your comments will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is my third time at this location and it gets better and better every single time. New EVERYTHING, excellent service, easy access to the freeway. If you are looking for a place to stay in San Antonio you have to try this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger A
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed one night when my family came in town for the weekend. This place is very cool and family friendly. Loved the indoor saline pool and the comfy beds. Very cool to learn that it's a Green hotel too- everything is recycled. They should put recycling bins for soda cans and bottles in the lobby too- just a suggestion. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellie S
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel as part of a group traveling for a school function. Front desk personnel were always friendly and helpful. Facility was extremely clean and grounds were well kept. My room was polished and near perfect, but the bathroom was even a notch above that. It was immaculate, with plenty of tissues, toilet paper and towels. My only complaint in the water closet was my inability to figure out how to work the shower (and if I'd bothered to read the paper they handed me at the front desk, I would have been in the know.) Lighting and room temps were good; Internet service was fast and reliable. Noise was not a real problem, even though there were dozens of teens and chaperones sharing the floor. Parking was spread out and at night was a little dark -- the facility is located in an area that has not yet been fully developed. Didn't utilize the swimming/spa facilities, but others with whom I was traveling did and gave them high marks there as well. Negatives? Wasn't particularly impressed with the breakfast they served to our group, but I'm not going to knock an otherwise excellent hotel for its bland breakfast potatoes. Extremely satisfied with this experience and would highly recommend this facility for anyone visiting the northwest area of the Alamo city.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sherilew
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the National Sporting Clay Championships. What a pleasant staff. Hotel and room was very clean and comfortable. Really appreciated the smoking patio on the second floor. Front desk staff always greeted me with a "hello" on my way in. I'd chose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business