“All BMT parents should stay here!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lackland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“All BMT parents should stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is super clean and the staff is very friendly. We stayed for our son's graduation from Lackland and it was the perfect choice. It was close to base so we could get there early for activities and for bringing our son back to relax. I was extremely happy with our decision to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our sons graduation from BMT. It was very clean. The staff was very friendly and I would definitely stay here again. The pool was small but i wasn't' there for that and it served its purpose for a quick dip. My 9 year old loved it and your graduates aren't allowed to swim anyways so we didn't spend much time there. I found the breakfast to be very good. always hot coffee and many choices from fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles, and eggs bacon and sausage. If I return to visit my son I wouldn't even research anywhere else I would just stay there.

Room Tip: all rooms have refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy M
Battle Ground, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We visited Lackland for our Son's graduation, found it very clean and staff were friendly. When we arrived home, it was late and didn't unpack, the next day I noticed I had left a picture of myself and Son on a Roller Coaster at Six Flags. I was so disappointed. It was such a funny pic. I called the hotel and Michael put me on hold for a few minutes. They had my picture!!!! The Manager mailed it out at no cost to me. I want to express my gratitude. It will be framed and sitting on my Mantel. Best place to stay, by far.
Thank you.

2 Thank Marilyn Y
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Area, staff, service, decor, room are VERY NICE. I would stay again. We were in San Antonio for my sons graduation from BMT @ Lackland AFB.I reserved a queen suite with kitchenette. The mattress on the let out couch was flimsy but the boys DID NOT COMPLAIN.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank YBANKS
Granby, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

we recently stayed for our sons graduation of BMT and loved it .. hot breakfast was great eggs bacon sausage bisquits gravy cereal waffles fresh fruit yogurt juice coffe and tea .. the room was nice and clean only one day that housekeeping never came into our room it was left the way we left it early that morning.. was alittle upset by that but they took care of it .. minutes from base minutes from anywhere great atmosphere i enjoyed every bit of it

2 Thank Nicole B
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was our second trip to Lackland Air Base for our second son's graduation. The first time we stayed in a very very budget place so we could almost be on base since my husband and I are visually impaired and don't drive. This time our first son took leave and came with us, so we could stay at a better hotel. This stay was sooooo much better. The hotel hs super easy access to the base and Hwy 410 that takes you anywhere in San Antonio. The staff was great, the room was very clean and quiet. The area around the hotel is undeveloped so it is not so pretty, but it allows the hotel to sit back from the Hwy and away from traffic noise. The breakfast is much more than continental, eggs, bacon,bisquits & gravy, waffles, cereal etc.
They have a small workout room and indoor pool which were never to crowded.
We couldn't have asked for a better stay. If you are going to visit Sea World with your Airman, it is free to get in, just pay for parking. If you want to go to Six Flags you need to get tickets on base for the discount. They end up being $30.00 each for adults.

4 Thank showmemo62
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had a great view from our 4th floor room, and it was very clean and new-looking. The morning breakfasts were the best I've seen, especially when you consider the modest cost of the rooms. Just a quick jump up the road to the Valley Hi Visitor's center at Lackland AFB made this place a great choice to stay at for grad ceremonies from the BMT. We only had one problem with the elevators; something mechanical, but it was fixed very quickly, so a tip of my hat to the maintenance crew! Nice Pool and Spa, open bar in the lobby to sit back and relax after a HOT day touring the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The hotel crew was very pleasant and friendly. We did try to order a delivery to the hotel from the list supplied to us by the hotel, but none were available to deliver. One of the places we called didn't even know where the hotel was!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple