“Great Hotel”

Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great Hotel, great staff, great breakfast, I would stay they anytime. It's a great place to stay if your son or daughter is graduating BMT from Lackland Air Force Base. It's location is great you can hit the River Walk or Sea World within ten minutes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith A

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was the best Hotel I have stayed in in San Antonio. Including the ones on the riverwalk as far as service was concerned. The only problem was the bar was out of red and white wines. I optioned for a drink...

1  Thank ptutor
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed with my wife over the Thanksgiving break. This place is very clean and staff professional. Good, hot breakfast served daily was a plus. I used half of the trip to get some colelge work done and the internet ran smoothly the whole, however this could have been because of the location of my room. The only complaint is the shower. Big bathroom but lousy shower. Most showers I've seen has a sliding door or curtain. This one had one unmovable glass pane. I found myself having to turn on the shower and jumping out before I got hit by icy cold water. Overall good experience though.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William P
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Liked the facility but only compliant now is my knees and the height of the toilets made it very difficult to be comfortable. Please think of your patrons because they are the ones you are trying to meet their needs of comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Spent 4 nights here. Very nice newer hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Room had a king bed, fridge and micro. Bed was very comfortable. There is a lobby bar open in the evenings with very reasonable drinks. My room only had a HUGE walk in tiled shower, but the only thing was there was no seat or shelf for my shampoo, which I would have liked to have. It is the nicest hotel that is really close to Lackland AFB (which is why we were there), but it is on a side road and a little difficult to get to. It is a little isolated as far as going to restaurants and not on hotel row but once we got the area figured out, no problem. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone going to Lackland for a Basic graduation.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location for BMT graduation events and easy to get to Lackland. The hotel has provided an early breakfast time on Thursdays and Fridays (5:30 am) so you can eat before heading over to the base. The hotel has also provided a map and driving directions (much easier than what GPS says). The staff is super friendly, a great breakfast, and a comfortable hotel. I would definately stay here again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed there for a week to see my family. My wife was not born here as I was and I always want to show off my city to her.
We checked in and there were no towels! I'm pretty sure they knew we were coming. We called the desk and the manager brought some towels. So I thought ok honest mistake. The third day we came home after a long day downtown and there hadn't been any housekeeping! No towels again. Now I'm a little pissed.
The manager said there was no housekeeping because our Do Not Disturb sign was out at 9am and at 12pm. We left at 10:30 and had brought the sign in then. It was right where we left it when we came back. All he could do is bring more towels.
The location was great but there seems to be some gaps in the housekeeping that needs attention. We won't come back and a friend that is going to San Antonio asked about it and we could not recommend this hotel.
If you book a hotel, book direct. They said since we went thru Expedia they could not offer an adjustment on our tab.