“Air Force BMT Families stay here!”

Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Clean, well appointed rooms and a happy attentive staff. Hearty breakfast included. Quick easy drive to Lackland AFB. Great air conditioning. If you are one to worry about general safety and security this hotel is designed well. Parking areas are well lit and covered by monitored security cameras. The front desk has a panoramic view of the entrance and all secondary access points. A security guard is also on premises during the evening.

Room Tip: I'll choose a first floor room next time to avoid the elevator wait.
1  Thank lyonj

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent hotel experience. We were there for BMT graduation and the hotel staff went above and beyond to help us in any way that they could! They served breakfast early for the military families and were a wealth of knowledge about the graduation events as well as recommending places to eat. They printed our boarding passes for the return flights as well as copies of orders all at no charge. They made sure all our rooms were on the same floor.

The hotel is about a 5 minute drive to the Valley Hi gate.....it is clean, close and convenient to Lackland, stores and restaurants.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone but especially to the military families who are there for BMT graduation!!! it is the BEST!

5  Thank Maureen D
lamas1, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. My staff and I take great pride in being able to provide excellent service for all our guests, and I will pass on your compliments to them. If your travels take you back to San Antonio in the future, I hope you will chose to stay with us again.

Congratulations again to your family and your AF BMT graduate!

Amado Lamas
Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The presidential suite was not worth the money. The room was spacious, but the kitchen was not stocked with anything to actually utilize the kitchen with. No dishes, cups, plates etc... Everything must be purchased in order to actually use the kitchen. Who wants to purchase all this and then having to leave it all behind because it won't fit in your suit case. The hotel didn't even provide plastic cups in the kitchen or bathroom. Very stingy on the Kleenex and toilet paper. After 4 nights with 4 people, not once was the Kleenex or toilet paper restocked. Nothing extra in the room. No DVD player and the lighting was awful. 1 lamp in the king size room. Nothing beside the beds. Carpets were very dirty.

1  Thank Susan S
lamas1, Manager at Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Ma'am,

I am very sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay and that your expectations were not met appropriately in a timely manner.

I have spoken to my staff about these matters, and my front desk staff cannot confirm your family ever reaching out to them concerning dishes for your room. Our policy is to bring the bulk of kitchen utensils to the room at guest request and have the guests sign that they received them. As not every guest requires pots and pans for their stay, we do not keep them in the room so we can guarantee their cleanliness upon guest arrival and usage. All our rooms - suites or not - have two glass glasses provided with the ice bucket in the rooms and more are available upon request, as well as there being ample coffee or plastic juice cups in the lobby. We strive to provide any additional toiletries promptly upon request, as well.

My staff and I work very hard to provide superior customer service for each and every guest who stays with us, and I am disappointed that this situation occurred and was not resolved to your satisfaction before your departure. I welcome you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss any concerns you may still have.

I hope that if you are in San Antonio again in the future, you will give us another chance to show you the superior Texas hospitality that is our standard at the Best Western Plus Atrea Hotel and Suites/

Amado Lamas
Operations Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was awesome. Staff was wonderful and very helpful. It was drive a short drive to Lackland AFB. We had 6 family members with us and we had 3 rooms. The staff made sure we were all on the same floor! It made our son's graduation a memory we will never forget by having such good accomadations.

1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent hotel experience. Shannon and Michael were a wealth of knowledge about BMT graduation facts and great places to eat. The breakfast bar opening early to cater to BMT event times is a wonderful thing this hotel does. Close and convenient to Lackland AFB gate for graduations.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the Valley-Hi gate which is very near the new reception center. Go through the gate go straight thru the light and you are there. It was very convenient and the staff was super friendly. We had plenty of room for our airman to crash for the day. I would highly recommend it if staying off base.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean. We stayed here 3 nights Jul 28-31st.

Hotel Location:
The hotel is very secluded and there is nothing around the hotel at all. This is a very quiet, peaceful and safe area. I really liked this because some hotels have so many business around them you don’t always feel safe in the parking lot. This hotel gives you a safe feeling since you are in the middle of nowhere and you are not right off the main highway were bad things tend to happen. It is close to the military base and I know that is why many people choose this place. They do a great job catering to us military people and they offer a good military rate.

Check-in:
The check-in process was simple and the lady was very friendly. I did not have any issues at all.

Lobby:
The lobby was nice and clean.

Room:
The room was nice and met all of our needs. The bed was comfortable but the pillows lacked support. There were a lot of channels available on TV so that was nice. The bathroom was clean and worked out fine for us. I do wish the sink area was separate from the shower/toilet area. Everything was clean and there was plenty of room for all of us. The best part of the room was how quiet it was. I did not hear any noises from outside, the hallway or other rooms.

Pool/Jacuzzi:
I picked this hotel because of the indoor pool/jacuzzi. The pool area was very nice and clean.

Breakfast:
The buffet area was clean and roomy. The hot food was not that great but we were very happy they had hot food to choose from. The waffles ended up being the best hot food choice for us. They had a good selection of cold food choices to include breads, pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt.

Extras:
One of the staff members at the front desk helped with recommending a restaurant. We took his advice and the restaurant was very good. I thanked him when we returned. I normally use Urbanspoon to help me decide what to eat in a new location but I decided to take a chance and ask the front desk. I am glad I did because the restaurant was very good.

Check Out:
The check-out went great. There were no lines and the lady was very nice.

Overall:
My overall stay was very good. The staff was very nice. The hotel is very clean and that is very important. It turned out to be a good choice for the price, indoor pool and continental breakfast. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family