In town for a short wknd visit with some family and friends, we decided to stay near the Rim. We've seen the whole downtown river walk, Alamo experience a million times before, so stayed further out this time around.
Great shopping in the area, including the rim, with lots of restaurants and stores (target, nordstrom & saks outlets, etc). A little down the way are th shops at La Canterra, another shopping area/mall with higher end stores,and the mall usuals (macys, Dillard's, etc).
So the location is great, the breakfast was very good (m-f 6-9a & sat-sun 7-10a. Pastries, eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes, all hot and delicious.
Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Very nice and chic lobby, pool area, and grounds in general.
The room was where the annoyances came in. Nice size, very roomy. We stayed in a king room. King bed, sofa bed, small 2 seater dining table, recliner chair, desk and chair, vanity area, closet, and separate toilet room. Even included a small kitchenette with dishes, full size fridge, cook top, sink and microwave.
Our microwave, however, didn't work. A guy came to check it out, with no luck. The staff ended up opening the vacant room next to us, so we could use its microwave, and travel back and forth. A little inconvenient, but we made it work.
Our sheets felt like cardboard. I don't know why, but our king bed flat sheet was very dry and scratchy, so we took it off.
We needed a crib for our baby, so someone came and dropped one off, in pieces in a bag. I assumed they would assemble it for us, as other hotels have, but not here. It took us a few minutes to figure it out, but got it done.
The AC is very loud. Like a vehicle is running, in the room. We tried to set it to where it wouldn't turn on/off over and over, but didn't ever get it right. We just had to listen to it chug off and on all night.
Pretty thin walls. When the guests above us flushed the toilet, we could hear a flood rushing down in our bathroom walls.
Minor things, but still pretty comfortable. I'd stay here again for the location and breakfast alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended hotel stays are a breeze when you have all the comforts of home at the Residence Inn by Marriott San Antonio Six Flags® at The Rim! Enjoy custom bedding, a fully equipped kitchen featuring a full-size refrigerator, microwave and stovetop, plus a living area with flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi. This San Antonio Six Flags Marriott hotel is ideally located by The Rim Shopping Center and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Other nearby attractions includes the San Antonio Riverwalk, San Antonio Zoo, SeaWorld San Antonio and the University of Texas San Antonio. Unwind in our fitness center, outdoor pool and Sport Court. Enjoy a great start to the day at our free hot breakfast buffet offering a variety of healthy and indulgent options and end your day at our evening hospitality hour Mon-Wed. Our San Antonio hotel is pet-friendly so you can keep the family together (non-refundable pet fee applies). Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The Rim hotel is perfect whether you are staying one night or thirty! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio 6 Flags At The Rim
- Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags At The Rim Hotel San Antonio
- Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR At The RIM Texas