“Awesome Stay!”

Ranked #102 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome Stay!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed for one night, but arrived very early in the afternoon and spent a considerable amount of time in the hotel. The room was great! This is a really nice and really new property. My wife and two and a half year old daughter loved the heated pool. It had multi-colored lighting and a very shallow end with fountains that was great for the little one. Loved this hotel and would go out of my way to stay again! There are lots of restaurants and stores nearby; a great location!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John G
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
John G,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard San Antonio. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. I'm glad your daughter liked our pool and had a great time playing in it. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll visit us again. Safe travels.
Troy Chontas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I've stayed at this property 4 or 5 times now. It's a wonderful property with very friendly help but with one big downside --- the heat and air conditioning in the rooms. The challenge is no matter how you set the room's thermostat (even with the fan in the "on" position) the unit kicks on and off throughout the night. So, you'll awake at 2 am and wonder why you awoke. It's because the fan just kicked in. It's that loud. I thought it was just me who this affected but I talked with work colleagues on 2 separate trips and they had the same complaints of bad night's sleep and attributed it to the heating and air conditioning in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chicagotravels
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
chicagotravels,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. I'm pleased to know that you're a regular guest of ours and that you like our property. I apologize for the disturbance you encountered with the a/c unit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'll make sure to review your comments with our maintenance crew. We will use your feedback constructively and make sure to assess the situation thoroughly . We hope you will continue to be our guest when traveling to San Antonio, and we also hope to show you our improvements.
Troy Chontas
Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Worst Customer Service of any Marriott Property I have ever stayed at. Beautiful New Property but not worth it due to lack of Customer Service. Went to relax, had to wait about a hour for a room to be cleaned. Ashleigh should NOT be at the front desk. attitude. After sometime the other front desk person wanted to see if she could find us a room clean, Ashleigh wanted her to have no part in helping us. This was a check in after 3PM so not an early one. So we could not believe this could happen again, so we booked the Residents Inn the next week (they are on the same property sharing the pool and courtyard area) This was even WORSE. Again afternoon check in waited even longer for a room. Over an hour, we were late to our event that evening, even having to change cloths in the hotel lobby bathrooms. Had to even tell us they had three one bedrooms ready but we could not have them due to we were on points. (they were not sold to anyone else) SO your most loyal customer you treat bad!!! Most properties offer Studio or one bedroom for points NOT this property. This comes from top managment which is VERY shielded. He will NOT speak to you or return e-mails. LOYAL customers Marriott properties respect... not anymore. Stockholder for over 30 years, timeshare owners, loyal marriott customers for more than 35 years, husband even worked for Marriott in his early years. I will NEVER go to either property again, Only to the ones I know respect there loyal customers!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank chesterTexas
Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights this week. We have stayed here before. The hotel was clean and the front desk friendly. Our room was kept very nice and clean. We were in a queen double and the beds were comfortable. This hotel is close to six flags as well as there is a shopping center close by that has restaurants and a variety of good stores. We like this Courtyard and will return when we are in San Antonio!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dsg560
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
dsg560,
Thank you for writing a review about your visit with us at Courtyard San Antonio. We appreciate your return business, and we're glad you enjoy our clean and friendly hotel. We hope you will return to San Antonio again soon, and you'll come and visit us for another exceptional visit.
Troy Chontas, General Manager
Pine Ridge, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, 5731 Rim Pass Drive, San Antonio, TX 78257. It was a very nice,clean and the staff was so friendly. I had to make changes to travel plans during the late of the night (2 AM) and they took care of my request and I think they went out of their way to help. Thank you to them. Nice updated Marriott courtyard, no restaurant, but small Bisto, with drinks,coffee and light snacks. Clean hotel with very nice new trendy furnishings. Workout room and pool. They have a nice refridgerater in the room. Close to shopping and dining.. Shops at La Planterra. Staff here is very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shadow2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Shadow2012,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad our staff was helpful, and I'm glad they were able to help you with your travel plans. If your travels bring you back to San Antonio, please plan to stay with us again. We look forward to your return.
Troy Chontas, General Manager
moonhope
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Nice updated Marriott courtyard, no restaurant, but coffee and light snacks. Clean hotel with bery nice new trendy furnishings. Workout room and pool. They havw a nice refridgerater in the room. Close to shopping and dining.. Shops at La Planterra. Staff here is very nice. If you have time, drive couple miles to grab some tacos at Chela's Taco truck. It's red and sits near the corner of UTSA Blvd and Babcock.. The cilantro chicken is awesome! Homemade tortillas also!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank moonhope
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
moonhope,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you liked our modern decor and fresh look. We hope you had a good time shopping and visiting our surrounding area. Please plan to visit us again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I was looking forward to our stay at this hotel, because I was always a fan of Marriott's Courtyard brand back in the '90s, and now that I'm traveling for my kids' sports events, I was curious to experience the rebrand and remodel. Gone are the ferns and fireplaces, breakfast buffets, hors d'oeuvres and happy hours. It is modern, modular, bright, open, and stylish.

As far as this particular property, the location is a little difficult to find at night. You wouldn't think so based on it's address and proximity to I-10 and 1604, but it's aroundabout and behind the exit 555 ramp, so reaching it at night can be tricky when you aren't familiar with the area.

I arrived with my 2 daughters at approximately 7:30 pm on the night of my credit card confirmed reservation. The front desk agent was cordial, took my information, ID and credit card, and began the check in. She then told me that they were completely full for the night and only had ADA accessible rooms available and would that be okay with me. I said sure, and I asked if it was still a 2 queen, and she said no. It was a king only, no sofa bed. I said well, that would not work and I had a reservation for 2 queens, and I would still be happy to take 1 king with a sofa bed, but I am not going to take 1 king and have someone sleep on the floor. She just looked at me. She said that she had been sold out all week and how busy it's been. She said she would check and see if they could find a air mattress. REALLY? An air mattress? Not even a rollaway? And the fact that she didn't even know if they had one made it worse. Were we supposed to sleep on the floor?

So, my daughter had to sleep on an old blow up air mattress that night. Now, I realize there worse things than having to sleep on an air mattress for one night, but I do think that for the rates that Marriott Courtyard charges and the level of service and quality they market, a blowup mattress is not exactly following their slogan, "It's a new stay". Maybe it is...."It's a new stay, Enjoy the floor".

Also, I was not offered any type of concession off my rate of a discounted breakfast or additional Marriott Reward points. If they would have at least offered to buy our breakfast, or $20 off the rate, anything....I would have been much more understanding. But I didn't get any type of apology or discount.

I'd also like to mention as a few other reviewers have about the noise level in the hallways. The noise coming from the hallways into the rooms is significant. Our room was located across the hallway from the ice machine, and we were serenaded by the lyrical melodies of the ice machine cycling through and dumping all night long. Also, although there is a no pet policy, someone clearly had a dog and the dog was barking all night.

Hopefully my experience is isolated. I'm a true blue Marriott customer, but unfortunately I have to give a thumbs down on this property.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Page21Austin
Page21Austin,
Thank you for your review. We value your business, and we appreciate your Marriott loyalty. It is unfortunate to hear of your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I apologize for your overnight stay not being a positive experience. I will make sure to discuss your comments with our staff in our next weekly meeting. We will work on providing better sleeping accommodations to avoid using an air mattress. We hope you will consider staying with us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience during your visit.