SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area
Dallas, Texas
“Thank You”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Whoever it may concern,

Brittney at the front desk is an absolutely wonderful person. She helped me with my reservation and was very friendly with information needed for me to get around town. An all around good person that I would love to have as my employee. You are very lucky to have her.

Ben West

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Rob P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Ben W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your positive experience during your stay with us.

I cannot agree with you more, that we are definitely lucky to have Brittany here at the Four Points Downtown. She is defintiely a special team member and I will share your comments with her.

Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for two nights. The reason I chose was because of its location and respectable name (Sheraton). Unfortunately, my experience was no good.

First of all, the hotel building has no sound isolation at all. You can hear people talking even at the end of the corridor or you can hear flushes coming from lower or upper floor even when the bathroom door is closed. The rooms are old and the building is not in good condition.

We were given a family room which is separated from the next room with a door. The people staying next door were problematic (too noisy, playing with the door in between etc.). Instead of solving our problem, they just said they will call the people next door and mention our discomfort to their manager. We didn't hear anything from them nor they didn't do any follow up.

It is supposed to be a 3 star, mid level hotel but you can't even find people at the reservation desk at all times. You just go to reservation desk and wait for someone to show up. The people at the reception act like they are working in a highway motel and don't dress like a receptionist of a place that uses the name Sheraton.

In summary, if you want a peaceful place as a couple or a family for a quiet and relaxed stay, do not choose this hotel. It does not justify the money they ask for.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Adam8513
Rob P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Adam8513,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at our hotel. I do truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the property.

We are making changes to both the physical plant and the customer service environment to assist in eliminating the issues you exeprienced last month at our property.

These are changes that are deemed necessary based on some of the feedback, and although not all is bad, we are excited at the positive changes coming up.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to further discuss your stay with me and help us determine some training opportunities.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Really disappointed by this place - I've been a Starwood rewards member since 2005, and I've stayed at many Four Points in the past. In fact, whenever possible, I stay at a Starwood Hotel b/c of the rewards program (which may just get switched to different chain soon given a few recent disappointing experiences). I was supposed to stay 4 nights, and after the first, I cancelled the rest of my reservation and stayed down the street at a different hotel chain actually on the Riverwalk - completely changed my entire trip (in a positive way!).
1) Staff weren't very friendly or receptive, ie. waited 5+mins to check in b/c front desk person on phone, never said sorry, will be a sec, etc... to give us heads up of time frame, didn't even look up to acknowledge line. The female bartender, however, was really nice and helpful (I'm female as well, so no other motive here).
2) Asked for Mex food delivery, stated they didn't know of any, no effort to help find one or to help find other options, either.
3) Went down three times for coffee at their lobby coffeeshop (evening and morning), no one there at ANY of those trips, asked front desk for help and they said one moment, but then never responded again despite my continued efforts.
4) Have stayed at many Four Points before, so I'm not comparing this to 5-star places, and I've always liked them as a chain. This was an overall pretty shabby place that I assume couldn't possibly meet Sheraton's standards that they set for themselves.
5) Pretty isolated, really poorly lit surroundings with a generally uncomfortable vibe. Actually ordered delivery the first night because of this. Only 2-3 blocks from more populated area, but those few blocks make one hesitant to go outside b/c of potential concerns about safety. Granted, I was a female staying alone, but I don't usually feel uncomfortable in most areas - would have been infinitely better if there were just more street lights, or other stores/restaurants nearby! And honestly, stayed the first time d/t claim that they are on the Riverwalk, which is absolutely not true!
6) Again, for the first time EVER (and I stay in hotels 10+ times a year), I actually left after one night to stay at an entirely different hotel chain d/t a few unsatisfactory experiences lately. However, this was by far the most disappointing of them all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear monkey1001,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel based on yuor recent stay. We also want to thank you for your loyalty as an SPG member and let you know we truly value your continued business as well as your feedback. We are disappointed to hear your stay with us was less than satisfactory and that we were unable to accommodate you better during yuor stay. We want to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you and let you know that we have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team so we may look into these issues further and address moving forward.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I think we may have gotten an upgrade. If not then it was a good sized room. Nice pool area. Cannot comment on the food or gym facilities as we did not eat there but the service at the desk was good.

Great location, easy walk to the river walk and the Alamo. Not too many good restaurants nearby that aren't on the river walk. We tried looking for some nearby takeaway on our final night there but the area was lacking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We appreciate your positive feedback bout our hotel based on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.
Carson City, NV
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well, our first impression of this hotel was not the greatest. The lobby is not impressive; I think they need to rethink the decorating. But the worse impression was that the carpet in the hall way in the lobby/first floor and third floor was filthy. Quite disturbing since it is such an easy fix. However, our room was pretty nice; nice and clear and newly remodled. Not bad at all. I did notice that all of the rooms that I saw on the third floor had been remodeled.

The breakfast is a good deal as there is not any place near by where you can get breakfast; standard fare-waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels/toast, yogurt, fruit, etc. Not bad at all for $10.00; we ate there every morning. But I did notice that they charged us a different price each day for breakfast...

From the hotel, take the alley in the back to LaVillita (on Nueva) a short cut down to the Riverwalk. Also, there is a Tuscany Italian restaurant on Nueva and Alamo that has pretty decent (small) pizza. In the LaVillita area there is a Guadalajara Grill that had really good ribs, and a Rhein Steak House that there was always a line for (but the starting price is $46 for dinner). Walk straight down Alamo Street to the Alamo; it's only about 1 1/2 blocks from LaVillita on Alamo Street.

We would stay at the Four Points again, as the location is really good, and the room was good, hopefully they will have the carpet cleaned/replaced next time, and improve the food.

Who goes to San Antonio to eat in the hotel anyhow, right? Saltgrass and Laundry's are a short walk away.

Room Tip: Third floor looks like all of the rooms have been remodled recently.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pmatheus
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel based on your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Was here for pleasure and I have to say we had a great time. Checking in was easy, the room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. The bar area was great and the bartender was very helpful. People was very friendly. Was within walking distance to the Riverwalk. That place is off the hook. Loved my stay at this hotel. Will go back if ever in San Antonio again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Rob P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear kenneygirl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly hope to be your choice again if you make it back to San Antonio in the future.

Our staff will be glad to hear that they exceeded your expectations. I will share this review with them.

We hope to see you soon!!!
Edgewood, KY
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I travel a lot for business and have stayed in a variety of hotels, and motels across the country and in other countries around the world, this was one of the worst.
Very little staff working was the first thing I noticed. The Bar was closed at 8:30PM on a Thursday evening, no one working in the coffee/snack store- I saw one employee and she was working the counter.Very unfriendly service at check in. Fans in all the halls blowing around the damp musty odor( Hotel must have a problem with water leaking in) Dimly lit hallways. The room was large enough but very poorly decorated. Looks like they tried to renovate on a very small budget. Mold in Bathroom, telephone by bed didn't work, Remote for TV didn't work, thin cheap towels, Internet was not reliable and took an hour to get online to check email( although it was free internet which I think all hotels should offer their guests). USB port on desk to charge phone didn't work. One bar of soap( I think there should always be two at a hotel. Cracks in walls, carpets dirty, Carpet in hallways was filthy. Ordered room service because I was hungry and didn't want to go out when I first arrived- tired from traveling- food was terrible- drink was presented on tray in a paper cup. Before arriving I had planned to eat breakfast at the hotel but after the terrible room service and lack of employees working at this hotel I decided not to risk eating their breakfast and went elsewhere. If the price of the hotel was dirt cheap then I would expect this and would not write a review , but for the money and the location and because this is a large reputable chain, this hotel is a rip-off and grossly under the standards I believe Sheraton has. Stay across the street at the Hyatt Place or somewhere else closer to the Riverwalk. This hotel isn't in a terrible location but it's not on the Riverwalk as it's name implies it's several blocks away (4 or 5).This hotel needs a management overhaul and some serious renovations to bring it up to par with it's competitors. Other guests that were to stay at the hotel that I was meeting in San Antonio left this property and stayed at another hotel downtown because they were disgusted by the smell. I was only there for two nights and I toughed it out but was extremely disappointed by this Sheraton property. Hope this helps someone avoid ruining part of their trip to the great city of San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rob P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear fuzzydrums,

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I want to extend my sincere apologies for you having experienced a bad stay with us. We train our staff to create a positive and customer oriented atmosphere here at the hotel. Anything less is not acceptable.

We are taking extraordinary steps to stay ahead of the changing needs of hotel travelers and will be undergoing a renovation
to make improvements to enable our guests an experience that promises greater comfort and enhanced productivity. We will
be taking great strides during this time to ensure all guests are comfortable, can function with ease and will remain in control of
their experience at the hotel.

We do pride ourselves in having a warm and fun environment and we fell short based on your comments. The comments received on Trip Advisor do help us in determining our opportunities for continued training.

Again my sincerest apologies. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 210-212-8701.