As we arrived in the hotel,River walk suites, we saw the name was changed and
that a contruction was going on, so no pool (it was very hot) Swimming pool
in a another hotel was offered but is no solution after a day in the city to
go by car, allmost 2 ml. The entrance was the back door..
The breakfast area was a terrible place, the reception was in the same area
where breakfast was served and no computers for guest. We are from Europe and it’s
handy to check sometimes your mail. Almost no parking spaces of containers and trucks of the working people.
We ask why they did'nt let us now upfront so we had the change to choose
another hotel, that would be honest and the choice is than by us.
The painters where working outside with the truck backing and forward making
a lot of noise.(beeping) very early in the morning,so we couldn’t sleep
after 6:30 and even in the weekend.
Then one night the fire alarm went off (around 2 at night) not once but 3
times with intervals of 30 min and 45 minites.
We allmost did'nt sleep that night. Manager ask too put it in wrinting for a
financial compensation. it's now juli and still no response.
So we put in the complaint at the head office in Atlanta, Peachtree Hotel Group. Also no response. They have a lot hotels and they say on there website power of excellence...not when they have your money.
This is so not American.and to bad that things like that still happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area has completed a multi-million dollar renovation and full upgrade of the hotel to become the newest Marriott product in Downtown San Antonio. Our great location puts you in the heart of San Antonio attractions and just steps away from the famous Riverwalk, the legendary Alamo, and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Enjoy our all-suites hotel, the very spacious king or double queen suites featuring a microwave and mini-refrigerator, wet bar, separate living room with sleeper sofa, two HDTVs in every suite, free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, beautiful outdoor pool and sundeck, complimentary breakfast bar, and evening cocktail lounge. Some of the best locally owned and popular restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. The SpringHill Suites promises greater comfort and enhanced productivity, leaving you in control of your experience at the hotel. Enjoy Marriott Rewards and a most rewarding stay in our beautiful new hotel, SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton San Antonio Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Antonio Downtown
- SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area Texas