“Worst night I ever had”

Motel 6 San Antonio Airport
Ranked #321 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 27 July 2013

There is no telling how old the mattress in this room is. I have never had a worse nights sleep, I might as well slept on the floor. The bedspread has holes in it and the blanket feels like plastic. The room is so small you can barely move around in it. If it was a $39 room it might be okay but it's a $85 room

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leighnae
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Leighnae - We sincerely apologize for the comfort, cleanliness and room conditions you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

If u want a rude customer service. Lumpy uncomfortable beds. Scratchy thin towels. Poor service. And still pay 72.00 per night for a Monday night. Then this is your place. The guy at the front in checking people in had the tv on in the lobby so loud u could not even hear what he was saying. He got rude when we were asking questions because we could not hear him... Sorry the quality of these rooms are not worth the 70 dollars. Don't waste your time or money for crappy service and horrible sleeping bed.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cinnredhotz
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Horrible experience here. Made a reservation online for a Friday night rather than a Saturday. I called the hotel and was led to believe it was no problem. The desk clerk on the phone wasn't very helpful but seemed to get it done. Arrived on Saturday night to find the rate was about $15 higher and he charged me for Friday night as well. Upon inspection of this hotel, I decided no Motel 6 is worth $80 per night so we didn't stay. Found the Friday charge on my card and when I called to protest, the lady was extremely rude, told me they were correct in charging me and then even wanted me to document the time I called the guy to change the reservation as if she was calling me a liar. Rediculous. Not only will I not stay at this Motel 6, I am done with all of them now. The previous reviewer that said "don't be fooled" is correct about rudeness,etc. and I don't understand the 4 star rating. Can I give this facility a Zero for rudeness and being dirty/unclean, etc.? I can't comment on Sleep Quality because I saw the room, demanded my $80 back and left.

Room Tip: The best room here is in your car in the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jsptx2003
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The outside of this place is beautiful it's in a well area and yes there is security driving around, but when you walk in its a whole different thing. The staff was rude when I checked in I asked for extra pillows and never received it, there was chocolate on my sheets.. I have a habit of checking the bedding before I lay down and the elevator looks like a closet door and smells like smokers hang out in it. The room itself is ok, they have a mini fridge and the bathroom I feel in love with :) I stayed in room 216 and I had a good view of the little woods they have in front of the building (deers are plentiful). I hope y'all find this helpful!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Dirty! The room was cold, unclean and had the feel of a psych ward. Unfriendly staff. Hair all over the bathroom floor. Worst of all, the bed sheets where never changed after the last person. How do I know that? When we pull the sheets back to hop into bed we discovered large amounts of black hair all over the sheets that looked as if the sheets haven't been changed in a month or they had bigfoot as a guest. I would defiantly look for a different hotel to stay at!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

People were very friendly and security was provided even though the parking was well lighted. Requested a non smoking room but after coming back from downtown noticed the room had been cleaned and there was a smoke odor. Discovered discarded cigarette ash in toilet obviosly from the maid. otherwise it was a nice three night stay.

Room Tip: Make sure maids can't smoke in the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Terrible! No amenities in room. Coffee cold at desk. No hair dryer avail. Only one wash cloth each day. Bed and pillows as cheap as I have had anywhere. Rooms are small with TV,Frig, and phone the only amenity. Door to room stuck and had to get in and out. Back door stayed open for easy access to anyone. Will never stay at Motel6 ever!

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends