“A no show...do not use!!”

Ghost Hunts Of San Antonio Texas
Ranked #52 of 61 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: We meet across from the Menger Hotel next to the city park benches. We are the only tour guides that wear a black t-shirt with the word "Ghost Tour" written on the back.
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I made my reservations online. I found it odd that I received no confirmation, but I used paypal and had a receipt. The day of the tour I called to confirm. I had to leave a message because no one seems to answer the phone. I arrived at the scheduled meeting place 35 minutes early after paying 10 dollars to park. No one ever showed. I called twice. No one ever called back. I checked my paypal account when I arrived home to find that they credited my account ONE HOUR before the tour was to start. There was no notification to me. A total waste of time and money. DO NOT USE!!!! They have a reputation in San Antonio, just ask the locals.

3  Thank mar1ey
rhrndz, Guest Relations Manager at Ghost Hunts Of San Antonio Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest-

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our tour. I am certainly disappointed that your experience was not all that it could have been. Our main focus is striving to ensure every customer is pleased with their experience. Though we have hundreds of satisfied customers, knowing of any who are not satisfied is a great concern of ours. I would like to apologize on behalf of the tour and its team for your experience. With regards to your comments about the tour guides not showing up, please know this is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team.

You may also be interested to learn that we now have implemented a strict reservation policy to ensure there is communication with each and every online customer from the point of sale and throughout their tour experience. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you can experience the tour as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact us directly via the message left for you in your Trip Advisor message area. Please contact us if you are traveling to San Antonio again so that I may personally offer you a complementary tour and reimburse your parking for the evening of the tour during your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to San Antonio was most enjoyable.

Rosemary B.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Eight of us showed up for this tour, and all we saw were two other disappointed customers. The tour guide never showed up; no one ever called to say the tour was cancelled; and no one called today to respond to all the voice mails we left last night. We were at the meeting spot thirty minutes early and left well after the tour's alleged 9 p.m. departure time. Fortunately there was a beautiful full moon over the Alamo and we enjoyed the evening, despite the lack of a ghost hunt tour. More importantly, we had booked through Living Social, a reputable company that is making our money reappear.

5  Thank barbarahigdon
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We've taken ghost tours in the past in other cities and knew what to expect. Of course, many in the group had never been on a ghost tour. Some actually thought they were doing a actual investigation like what you would see in one if those paranormal reality shows. But of course we knew better. Robert's knowledge on the history of the city was great. He tries not to cover it up with non-sense mumble jumble. He's also extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the paranormal. Many ghost tour guides are exactly that "tour guides" with no concept or experience of what a investigation
is. Highly recommended for those who are history lovers.

1  Thank Yorkedawg
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The tour guy was either in a bad mood, or just tired. Said he had to have at least 10 people for it to be worth his time. He cancelled out with 9 of us standing there and promised a disc for the next night when he didn't show.

4  Thank foogurl
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My sister and a friend decided we would take this tour with our kids. We thought it would be so much fun to hunt with an authenic ghost hunter. Well, the whole tour was mostly about the tour guide Robert making mostly bad jokes, a little history and ghost stories, but NO actual ghost hunting. It cost each of us $10 a piece ($5 for kids 7 - 17) and it lasted about 45 mins and was not what was advertised.

I tried to give Robert the benefit of the doubt, but he talked about all of the other tours ripping you off and he did too. I felt cheated. I should have checked the reviews before we went. I can always rely on Trip Advisor!

2  Thank JustGina56287
rhrndz, Public Relations Manager at Ghost Hunts Of San Antonio Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our tour. I am certainly disappointed that your experience was not all that it could have been while visiting San Antonio. Our main focus is striving to ensure every customer is pleased with their experience. Knowing of any customers who are not satisfied is a great concern of ours.

I would first like to apologize on behalf of our tour and its team for your personal experience. With regard to your comments about not being able to do a “ghost hunt” please know we strive to provide each and every customer an authentic “ghost tour”. This includes factual history, true ghostly accounts, and the evidence showing the accounts. Our tours run 1 1/2 hours in length, many times over as the crowd really has a good time. We have never run a 45 minute tour or ended early except in one case of a rain storm back in 09. I am a bit concerned you may have our tour confused with another in the downtown area as our prices, the ages, and our demeanor are not as stated in your review, but possibly that of another downtown ghost tour. Please know all tours in downtown San Antonio are independently owed and operated. I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team in the event this is a major oversight on our part. Please know we would never talk about another tours reputation as we focus strictly on providing our customers an enjoyable time.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you can experience a ghost tour as it was meant to be. Please contact us if you are traveling to San Antonio again so that I may personally offer you a discount on our tour and provide your family an enjoyable evening. Please feel free to contact us directly via the message left in your Trip Advisor message area.
Best regards-