Ghost Hunts Of San Antonio Texas
Ranked #55 of 63 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: We meet across from the Menger Hotel next to the city park benches. We are the only tour guides that wear a black t-shirt with the word "Ghost Tour" written on the back.
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This night "ghost tour" meets in front of the Alamo. You are given certain "ghost-seeking devices" and "energy readers" to search for ghosts and are told various tales of ghost-sightings in the area. You also walk to nearby buildings to hear spooky histories as well. It was pretty hokey but a neat experience.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

ok y'all i think ghosts are fascinating, as well as stories and locations of hauntings,deaths,and strange occurences. but, in fact, i am not a child and don't find that my experience as an adult spirit seeker was enhanced by campy storytelling and sound effects. the guide was lovely don't get me wrong, but if youre trying to create atmosphere please control the other tourists in the group from CONSTANTLY asking stupid,inane,irrelevant questions. i appreciate the effort, but i will just do some research and walk around myself next time.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Toured with Robert. You could tell he really enjoys his job. Had a small group - think it was 8 of us, which made it easy to see and hear everything. Not extensive walking - went around a few blocks. Robert had some interesting stories to tell. Some of the others on the tour were really into ghosthunting to the point that they were staying in one of the more haunted hotels. They had their own stories. Had a good time - something different to do. Used a half price coupon which made the price reasonable.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This was an okay Ghost hunt, more of a history lesson than an actual ghost hunt. Our guide was very funny but talked to much to do any real ghost hunting. too much noise for EVPs and not enought time in each location to do any investigating or even pictures without moving on to the next place. Great history of the Alamo area though.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I made my reservations online. I found it odd that I received no confirmation, but I used paypal and had a receipt. The day of the tour I called to confirm. I had to leave a message because no one seems to answer the phone. I arrived at the scheduled meeting place 35 minutes early after paying 10 dollars to park. No one ever showed. I called twice. No one ever called back. I checked my paypal account when I arrived home to find that they credited my account ONE HOUR before the tour was to start. There was no notification to me. A total waste of time and money. DO NOT USE!!!! They have a reputation in San Antonio, just ask the locals.

3  Thank mar1ey
rhrndz, Guest Relations Manager at Ghost Hunts Of San Antonio Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest-

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our tour. I am certainly disappointed that your experience was not all that it could have been. Our main focus is striving to ensure every customer is pleased with their experience. Though we have hundreds of satisfied customers, knowing of any who are not satisfied is a great concern of ours. I would like to apologize on behalf of the tour and its team for your experience. With regards to your comments about the tour guides not showing up, please know this is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team.

You may also be interested to learn that we now have implemented a strict reservation policy to ensure there is communication with each and every online customer from the point of sale and throughout their tour experience. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you can experience the tour as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact us directly via the message left for you in your Trip Advisor message area. Please contact us if you are traveling to San Antonio again so that I may personally offer you a complementary tour and reimburse your parking for the evening of the tour during your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to San Antonio was most enjoyable.

Rosemary B.