“Texas Friendly People and Nice Hotel”

Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Ranked #183 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I always stay at this hotel now that I return to this area frequently. I love the staff and the room set up. It is ideal for one night stays or much longer. This is the best hotel I have stayed in for the price paid.

Room Tip: This time I stayed by the pool and it was a great location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I've had a very good experience with this hotel. I don't have time to look for a permanent residence right now, so this is an ideal place for me, right near my work. The staff has been very helpful and I haven't found it to be noisy at night or lacking any of the amenities that I need. The laundry machines are free to use for guests and I can use the gym machines any time I like. In contrast to Inn-Town Suites, Candlewood's beds are soft and I feel very secure in my room. I like the free wi-fi and Dvd player in the rooms and they even have a selection of Dvds behind the counter for your entertainment. And the mini convenience store in the lobby means I don't have to drive to the store to get a snack or a drink. I'm very happy here and my parents also stay here when they come to town for visits. A top quality operation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed her for 2 nights and loved it. This Candlewood even has a pool. Clean, up-to-date rooms. Workout area is nice. Free guest laundry always works out for the best. Only has a few restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: 4th floor on the South side gives you a very nice view of San Antonio
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed here for about a month. First the positives: the location is great, the price is decent, and the staff is friendly, I'll give you that much. But the hotel itself? It leaves much to be desired...which is disappointing because the hotel is not old. Horribly slow elevator, the place smells of dog ("pet friendly" hotel of course), the housekeepers do the *bare* minimum (I found garbage under the bed from the previous occupants--food that was rotting). The pillows are lumpy and uncomfortable--I bought my own. The garbage bags are flimsy, and since housekeeping only comes once a week, trying to deal with garbage splitting through the bag was not fun--so I bought my own garbage bags, too. It's just ridiculous. The workout room is a joke--weight machine never functions properly. Be prepared to fend for yourself once you get here. It was just overall not a great experience. I would not stay here again...and I would never ask my family members to stay here, either. If we hadn't moved so much stuff in that first day, I would have hightailed it out of here!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank travelingirl38
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear travelingirl38,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased that you have mentioned our friendly staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This Candlewood Suites hotel was nicer than any that I have ever stayed in! It is like a palace as it sits on top of a limestone hill. I did a job in Bulverde and this hotel was the nicest and best value for the area! The outdoor pool was sparkling and enjoyed every day after work. The entire staff was accommodating and worked around my schedule to see to it my room was cleaned weekly. I worked odd and inconsistent hours, but I was always looked after and treated perfectly by all the staff. I stayed at the hotel with another business partner for over a month. It was a great stay and I recommend this hotel for any long stay. Kudos to the team on nice people that keep the hotel clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view! It was a real treat since the sky was so clear at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam W
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My first time to this hotel. I stayed for a few weeks at the beginning of Aug and was really taken care of by the staff. This place has everything I needed including movies to borrow and a little store. There is a Hugh HEB store across the way too. My job sends me here every so often for a few weeks and I will be back here again because the staff was so friendly and caring. I will recommend you guys, thanks again.

Room Tip: Front side- beautiful view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz G
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were in San Antonio to visit family for 3 nights. We chose Candlewood because it was close to them and we wanted the larger room a suite would provide. The website claims it is for tourists, since it isn't far from the attractions. However, upon arriving, we learned that it is primarily an extended stay hotel. This means that housekeeping only comes once a week. The staff was friendly and said to ask if we wanted fresh towels, but that still meant our used towels sat there. There were boxes outside of most of the rooms on our floor since workers have things shipped to them while living there. These were there a couple days. This is a great place for long term company workers, but not so good for a family.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family