“HUGE clean rooms!”

Ranked #180 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“HUGE clean rooms!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, cashed-in some rewards points instead of paying for the room.

Candlewood Suites are the "extended stay" branch of IHG, so no free breakfast. But, the place is very clean, the rooms are HUGE with full kitchens, and the "shop" inside the lobby is well-stocked.

No complaints at all, and I would certainly stay here again!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Jeff S, We certainly thank you for using your IHG Rewards points at our hotel. Here at Candlewood Suites we try to make the hotel as comfortable for our guests as possible. Thank you for the review. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This Candlewood Suites property is a basic extended stay property. It lacks many amenities that are standard on other hotels, namely there is no pool, no daily maid service, and no breakfast available. It's great however if you simply want to keep to yourself, not be disturbed by housekeeping, and need a place to sleep for the night. I find Candlewood Suites to have comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, good towels, etc, and the full kitchen is always nice. This property is just under 4 years old, but already there are a number of maintenance issues I noticed: There were two large chips off the tub enamel in the bathroom. The A/C unit under the room window was detached from the wall somewhat, as though someone weighing 400 lbs sat on it. The computer in the business center had no internet access, and the front desk staff, while trying to be helpful, was unable to solve the problem. In general there were little details about the building that indicated keeping up on maintenance is not a priority. In addition traffic on US-281 was very heavy and quite backed up at times, making access to the hotel difficult at best from anywhere in San Antonio. The HDTV had only a few actual HD channels, the rest were analog. Internet speed was good.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ajnuff
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear ajnuff,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry about the bathroom condition, business center equipment and the room air conditioning. We will address these issues. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

From check-in until I checked out, everything about my stay was wonderful. Because of my profession, I spend several nights a week in hotels and am used to 'the norm' for mid-priced places.... this CW was not 'the norm'. The sweet lady (tiffany?) at the front desk greeted me with a smile and made me feel very much at home, which was much appreciated after traveling for 10 hours. Room was immaculate, very quiet, bed was comfortable and location convenient. (added perk was it put me close enough to canyon spring golf course, I couldn't resist!) I'll definitely be back again when traveling to San Antonio next month.

• Stayed November 2013
Candlewood S, Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear JaysonPChapman,

We would like to thank you for your staying at our hotel and we appreciate your positive feedback. Our goal at Candlewood Suites is to make every guest like they are at home. We hope to see you back soon!
Tulsa
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, I was treated like family. The staff was so accommodating and Joe the manager went out of his way to ensure that my room and stay was perfect. I would recommend this hotel for business and leisure!

Stayed October 2013
Dear Joel E,

It is great to hear that our staff is doing such a good job at accommodating our guests. We thank you for staying at our hotel. Your review is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you back soon.
Las Vegas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here because it was the closest hotel to where my family lives. When I arrived I was disturbed by the dark parking lot and the dirty lobby but I checked in anyway because it was late and I was tired. I got to the "suite" which had a very tattered bedspread and dirty refrigerator. The drawers in the bathroom were falling down and would not open or close. The toilet was GROSS. The bathtub had some type of grit on the bottom. I do not know if it was soap scum or cleaner left over. The microwave didn't work and the stove was on a timer that only worked if I held it on the entire time.
All of this could have been OK because of the cheap rate and location if it were not for the nightclub outside the window where the music pumped so loudly until 2am that I did not sleep until after that time. I was there for three nights. I called the front desk the first night and the clerk was chewing food when she told me that the noise was from the nightclub and maybe they could move me tomorrow if they had room.
The next night I arrived back around midnight from a hospital visit to a drunk man sitting with the male desk clerk. He started making lewd comments to me that he clerk found very funny. I hurried to my room and did not dare ask to be moved.
The final night I asked the clerk to please schedule a taxi for me at 3:30 am for an early flight. She said she would and I asked for a wake up call at 3:00am. Luckily, I set my cell phone alarm because the wake up call came at 3:20am and when I got downstairs and asked about the cab the same guy who was friends with the drunk told me I was out of luck because all the strip clubs just closed and the cabs would be busy and that no cab had been ordered. He did call a cab for me when a security guard came in and started trying to help me. He told me I was going to miss my flight because the taxi would be at least an hour. I went outside to try and make some calls to family to arrange a ride when the cab arrived. Less than ten minutes after his call.
This was the worst experience I have had in a hotel in a very long time.
I complained to the company and they wrote me an apology letter and upgraded my membership status to gold and added points which I will never use because they will never get my business again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank frequenttravler2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear frequenttravler2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to provide an excellent guest experience however it is unfortunate that we weren't able to do so on this occasion due to the service received and condition of the room you were given. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ardmore
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I am currently in San Antonio on long term business. Candlewood Suites is an excellent choice for those that need an extended stay option. The staff has been wonderful to my group, starting from the front desk staff to Joe, the sales manager. They have been very accommodating to our needs. The rooms are nice and clean on every trip. With a fridge, stove and microwave in every room, and a grill outside, you don't have to eat out all the time. I have stayed at a few places in San Antonio over the past few months, and none compare to my experience at Candlewood Suites. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you have long term hotel stay need.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Comfort, Texas
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Large rooms with usual amenities but no on site breakfast. Very new in 2013. Good value and close to our meetings. Do like breakfast in hotel to save time, and expense, but not part of this chains offering.

• Stayed September 2013