“Good option for families visiting seaworld”

Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld
Ranked #149 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Irving, Texas
“Good option for families visiting seaworld”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a trip to seaworld with family and friends. As usual with my reviews here are the good stuff first

This hotel is a small, clean property. The rooms are reasonably clean, the accessories are ok and work. The on site store is well stocked and helps with the sudden hunger pangs you get when on a road trip.

There is a pretty large shopping area about 2 miles down the road for the meals. Hotels is 7 miles away from the seaworld park.

The on site business center is a very handy place to print out the tickets and vouchers if you forget them

The bad- hotel is just barely maintained. The luggage cart they provide is rather difficult to roll with more than two bags. The air conditioning in our room set off the fire alarm, obviously as the filter was not cleaned for some time.

The parking lot needs to be lit up better. It's too dark and the can be difficult to navigate

Overall good place to stay

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time I am happy I did. Centrally located and great value. I usually stay here with my family because I am about a 10 minute drive from Six Flags or Sea World and great shopping/restaurants. Most recently I stayed for work. My company is doing construction in the area and I knew exactly which hotel I would stay at. Clean, quiet and having a kitchen is a big plus as I have to get up early and any other hotel will not serve breakfast that early so I can make my coffee and breakfast and be off. Highly recommend this hotel for families and workers. You will LOVE the staff and appreciate a clean hotel at this value!

Room Tip: Get a suite for families and you will get a nice big room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Franklin, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family and I stayed here for three days. No room make ups and had to beg for clean towels. Bottom line, it's a management problem. The staff was very nice. Facility is good, Garbage piled up at end of halls because the housekeeping staff doesnt clean the rooms and the guests have to put it somewhere. Management should see this trend as it is basically what all of the negative reviews on this site refer to on this property. All in all, we would stay here again, but would really like to see the shortcomings fixed. The desk clerk has to go check every room before giving it out to a customer to make sure it was cleaned. That should tell you something... One employee told me that a bunch of the housekeepers just quit. If you look back at the comments, this has been a problem for several months. Again, it goes back to ownership/management of the property.

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent. Get one on the top floor so the herds of elephants don't keep you up...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your current stay with us. We are currently in transition of making sure our hotel standards are being met by the utmost sincerest quality. This goes from training to re-training of old and new staff.

I can understand it may seem unconventional to go to the desk for exchanging linen; as its customary to Candlewood Suites brand; but rest assured that all these you have addressed have come directly to my attention and are actively in motion to be fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you but am glad to know our staff treated you comfortably while you were here. We do look forward to your next visit and gaining your trust in the brand as well as our hotel.
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on our trip back from Florida after our poor experience with the Candlewood NW Medical Center location in San Antonio. Unlike that experience, this experience was what we expect from the Candlewood brand. We didn't have to worry about our car being broken into like in the other location, the front desk clerks were excellent (and completely understanding of our very disgruntled 19 month old), the pantry had a very large selection of products, the rooms were clean and modern, and the pet fee was reasonable. We would highly recommend this Candlewood location to anyone.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your most recent stay with us. Although, the vehicle break-ins are a city-wide epidemic, we are glad to know our staff made you feel safe and secure. We are committed to representing the brand and am glad you were able to have a comfortable trip. Looking forward to your visit back!
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel. I would strongly recommend it. Having a kitchen was helpful to store some grocery basics. The kitchen bar table was nice to congregate at and work from. Loved having TWO rooms with large screen tv's so my husband could watch his sports and I could watch my dramas. We were in a queen suite and found the bedroom with the vanity and large closet great.

I personally LIKE not having housekeeping waking you up at odd hours. If I needed clean sheets or towels, I knew where to get them (front desk). Same with emptying the garbage - they gave me three garbage bags to fill if needed.

Neejir, the front desk manager, is wonderful at his job. Always helpful in his recommendations, eager to assist and knowledgeable about his work. Unfamiliar with the area, we counted on his assistance a number of times and he always came through. Other staff were just as helpful. We will stay at this hotel every time we visit SA to visit our son and look forward to return trips now that we have found our "new home."

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We certainly thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay and glad to hear you had a great time with us. We strive to make sure our guests are accommodated. We understand how privacy is important - so rest assured when you need to exchange linen or chat at the front desk, we are ready for you! Niraj is a gem in the haystack! He is the true representation of what "HOSPITALITY" means to us. We are certainly looking back to your visit back to SA and with us at the Candlewood Suites SeaWorld!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I normally try and find the golden ray of sunshine in every hotel I stay in, I am not able to find one at this time. My family and I stayed here for just one night on the weekend for a wedding. I tried to check in around 11am, and spent 45 minutes searching for the front desk agent, was not until I went to the 3rd floor I found him chatting with another employee about the recent football game. I asked if he could assist me, then it took hoim another 15 minutes to come down stairs. While I was allowed to check in early, I really sould have done more than just dropped my bags off. The room was disgusting, the armchair will riddled with holes from a cat in the room, cat hair and and dog hair everywhere. I have never posted pic's before from a hotel, but this is the exception to the rule. I will let each of the travelers make their own decision, but for me, I will never stay at a Candlewood every again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kellen007
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
As a manager of the hotel, I completely understand your concerns from your most recent stay and do apologize for not achieving our own expectations of cleanliness and maintenance. Your comments have not gone unnoticed and have made the necessary efforts into making sure another guest will not be affected by these issues.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just ending a 6 day visit with family. Very satisfied with my stay. My queen suite was very nice. Comfortable bed, bedding, and furniture. Having the kitchen was nice for breakfast and evening snacks. I found the noise level about average for a hotel. I was a little concerned when I saw a school bus unload Saturday night but never heard or saw anything. There is a Starbucks and Sonic restaurant within walking distance. The next exit up from the hotel is a full shopping experience...tons of stores, restaurants and a huge HEB grocery store. Enterprise has an office next to the HEB. Came to the hotel to pick me up and dropped me back off when I turned the car back in. I usually stay at Drury Inns when available but this was so convenient and nice I have already booked a return stay later this year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post your recent stay with us. Yes, we too love our local areas of attractions that make the comforts of home accessible. We know you have many choices on where to stay when traveling into San Antonio, but are glad you chose ours to call your own. Looking forward to meeting with you directly, so please stop by the front desk to say "HOWDY!"