Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld
Ranked #146 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio
“Comfy rest”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was very comfortable. Nice accommodations. Small kitchenette was quite handy. Iron, blow dryer, all the necessities. Small store in lobby for snacks. Right off the highway, yet quiet. A small restaurant nearby and a Sonic drive thru for quick food.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet, b/c no one overhead!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The staff is very helpful, friendly, and kind. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pricing is absolutely great. And the location is very convenient. When we checked in, the room was about to be ready and the hotel staff was apologetic and they even offered us free food, whihc was not really necessary. They answered all of our questions with great information. They treated us very well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Scott D, Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Gokhan S,

I do appreciate your review of our hotel. Nothing makes me happier to know that my staff provided you with the level of service that we are known for. I am sorry about your room not being ready when you checked in, but Im glad that we got you checked in, in a timley manor. Please come back and stay with us if you ever come back to San Antonio

Your friends at the Candlewood Suites NW SeaWorld thank you!
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Clean rooms, nothing fancy. Staff friendly, some still training. Decent rates. Little worried when posted flyers warn of car break-ins. Had to remove everything from car. Did allow late checkout.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear mparshall,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the area surrounding the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The staff are nice and the hotel is a bit basic, but clean, safe and well maintained. And the long term rates are excellent. The beds are comfy and the linens are a step up from ordinary. The Internet service is free and pretty good and there are lots of channels on the TV, including HBO. It is pretty quiet with easy access to 1604 and everything S.A. has to offer. There is a laundry room that is free to use and a small workout area. I stay here often, sometimes for for weeks at a time and you just can't beat the value.

Room Tip: The 4th Floor is a smoking floor. I don't smoke, so I am on another floor and have never smelle...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a trip to seaworld with family and friends. As usual with my reviews here are the good stuff first

This hotel is a small, clean property. The rooms are reasonably clean, the accessories are ok and work. The on site store is well stocked and helps with the sudden hunger pangs you get when on a road trip.

There is a pretty large shopping area about 2 miles down the road for the meals. Hotels is 7 miles away from the seaworld park.

The on site business center is a very handy place to print out the tickets and vouchers if you forget them

The bad- hotel is just barely maintained. The luggage cart they provide is rather difficult to roll with more than two bags. The air conditioning in our room set off the fire alarm, obviously as the filter was not cleaned for some time.

The parking lot needs to be lit up better. It's too dark and the can be difficult to navigate

Overall good place to stay

Stayed November 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time I am happy I did. Centrally located and great value. I usually stay here with my family because I am about a 10 minute drive from Six Flags or Sea World and great shopping/restaurants. Most recently I stayed for work. My company is doing construction in the area and I knew exactly which hotel I would stay at. Clean, quiet and having a kitchen is a big plus as I have to get up early and any other hotel will not serve breakfast that early so I can make my coffee and breakfast and be off. Highly recommend this hotel for families and workers. You will LOVE the staff and appreciate a clean hotel at this value!

Room Tip: Get a suite for families and you will get a nice big room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Franklin, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family and I stayed here for three days. No room make ups and had to beg for clean towels. Bottom line, it's a management problem. The staff was very nice. Facility is good, Garbage piled up at end of halls because the housekeeping staff doesnt clean the rooms and the guests have to put it somewhere. Management should see this trend as it is basically what all of the negative reviews on this site refer to on this property. All in all, we would stay here again, but would really like to see the shortcomings fixed. The desk clerk has to go check every room before giving it out to a customer to make sure it was cleaned. That should tell you something... One employee told me that a bunch of the housekeepers just quit. If you look back at the comments, this has been a problem for several months. Again, it goes back to ownership/management of the property.

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent. Get one on the top floor so the herds of elephants don't keep you up...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your current stay with us. We are currently in transition of making sure our hotel standards are being met by the utmost sincerest quality. This goes from training to re-training of old and new staff.

I can understand it may seem unconventional to go to the desk for exchanging linen; as its customary to Candlewood Suites brand; but rest assured that all these you have addressed have come directly to my attention and are actively in motion to be fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you but am glad to know our staff treated you comfortably while you were here. We do look forward to your next visit and gaining your trust in the brand as well as our hotel.