Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewssea worldfree laundry roombedroom suitesocial hourgym equipmentwafflesthe ice makerbusiness centerfree shuttle servicemini kitchenpleasant place to stayevery morningsized refrigeratorwasher dryermile radiuscomplimentary breakfastnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

DH and I stayed here for 2 nights during our Texas road trip. We were upgraded to a very large 1 bedroom suite, but we ran out to get some food and when we returned our keycard got stuck in the door and we were locked out of our room for 2 hours until they could get a maintenance guy to come fix it. While this was a headache Chelsie was extremely kind about making sure we had anything we needed and kept us in the loop with what was happening. We waited in the beautiful lounge area where there are comfortable chairs, a couch and big screen tv. We changed rooms and still had a one bedroom, but a bit smaller. The rooms were very well appointed and the beds are comfortable. The wireless was fast and the breakfast is very nice with pretty much anything you could want (plus they have real plates - not the paper plates). Overall it was a great stay and I'd stay here again. Thanks Chelsie!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MNlove2travel
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Web-searching for a hotel with smoking-allowed rooms in the San Antonio, Texas, area early October 2013 led me to this hotel. Since there was a smoking-allowed room listed as available for the date of my planned stay in late November, I booked that room and subsequently indeed received a reservation confirmation for a suite - smoking. A relative in the area had also called the hotel on the phone at that point in time and had the smoking room availability confimed.

Upon my arrival, I was asked to sign a form for the room; the form stated "non-smoking". I had brought a hardcopy of my "confirmed reservation" stating otherwise and showed that to the desk person checking me in. I was then advised that they only had three smoking rooms, with none available.

It was too late and would have taken too much time to start another search after my arrival in that area, so I reluctantly opted for the non-smoking room which was available. This would normally have been "only" extremely annoying; however, the temperatures dropped to a few degrees above freezing the first couple of mornings during my stay. The unplanned outside smoke experiences in near-freezing temperatures were mostly what prompted this review. I can well imagine a similar, but opposite, situation like that in the brutally hot San Antonio summers.

Bottom line: the confirmation for what was specifically reserved was meaningless.

However good the ameneties of this hotel may have been, they cannot compensate for what I view not only as false advertising, but as a breach of business ethics. The non-smokers might well consider how this hotel's sense of ethics might affect them.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank EricW2010
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear EricW2010,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great location. Rooms are large with plenty of space if traveling with a family. Room layout does offer privacy if needed from the couch/living area. Free breakfast which is decent. It's exactly what you paid for. I do like the evening snack hour. It's more then a snack. Good way to have an appetizer before you go out for dinner. If you are looking distance to sea world this is across highway 151 so super close! You can see the coasters from hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tracymyers
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Dolphin and the whale show is too good. The rides are also good. Please visit with your children. Must visit place in lifetime. The Shamu whale show, The Dolphin show, the Sea-lion show are must watch. Most rides are related with water activities.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for our family. The customer service was superb. The beds were comfortable. Our room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was an added touch, which in fact was pretty tasty. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: October 2013