“Symphony Service-Luxury Language”

Ranked #16 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Geneva, Illinois
“Symphony Service-Luxury Language”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My heart aches to return to this wonderful property. This was our first stay and it exceeded our expectations in every aspect. The hotel and the service are exquisite...meticulously maintained, luxurious accommodations and glorious grounds with a PGA/TPC golf course. A gorgeous manmade river surrounds the grounds and the beautiful pool area. There are three wonderful restaurants within the hotel and scheduled activities for everyone if you choose. This was a 6 day "Girlfriends" SPA getaway and the SPA and the SPA services are absolutely dreamy. The best of the best! We are returning very soon!

Room Tip: If possible, get a room that overlooks the waterfalls and looks out to toward the Texas Hills. Ever...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Houston
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just returned from the JW. This was our 3rd stay at this resort and as usual, it did not disappoint. We live in Houston, so this is my go to Resort when I want to get away. I stayed once for a girls spa weekend and twice for a weekend getaway with the Hubby. The hotel met our needs for each type occasion.

The best thing about this hotel is the AMAZING hospitality from every single employee. From the moment you arrive, you will encounter the most friendly valet, doormen, front desk staff, etc.... It truly is a rarity these days to have such a warm welcome from each and every employee. In my opinion, they overstaff, which is great for guests because there is always someone waiting to assist you with anything you might need. They are happy to help you and they do it with a smile. If I sound like I'm going overboard with the compliments, I can assure you that I am not.

Each visit I make a point to visit Mia at Lantana Spa for the best swedish massage I have ever encountered. Ask for her, you won't be disappointed, she has the best technique. I should also note that the spa has its own pool and jacuzzi which does not allow children making it perfect for relaxation. Booking a treatment will give you access to the pool and other amenities all day. If you dont want to receive a treatment, hotel guests pay $15 (I think) for the use of the spa's amenities all day long.

I have eaten at all the restaurants and have never had a bad meal. 18 Oaks is by far the best but also comes with a price tag. But hey, you are on vacation! Get dressed up and treat yourself :)

If you are looking for a budget hotel, I would look elsewhere, it is pretty pricey, but I dont mind. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a place to relax with beautiful surroundings and a lovely hotel room then this is the place for you

I cant wait to return Memorial Day weekend for my annual girls weekend getaway!! See you soon JW Marriott! :)

Room Tip: I dont think its possible to have a bad view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fancypants2008
Corpus Christi, Tx
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Not sure what was off this stay...valentines wknd, income tax season, conference crowd, or what but it jut wasn't the quality we have come to enjoy at this property.

Stay at this property 4-5 times a year usually between Sept - April to avoid the crowds and noisy kids. Our last stay was in Nov and we brought friends which resulted in several other rooms.

We have been silver club members with Marriott for a few years and can't remember the last time we didn't get a room upgrade, nice view and late checkout but that's how it went this time!!! Ended up canceling spa time because we had to rush to checkout at 11am and checkout would conflict with the only spa time available. Seems like someone who spends $300 on food and drinks for two people in less than a 24 hr period at the resort and had reservations to spend more at the spa should get a late checkout for a few hours...even the spa staff was surprised and called on our behalf (we didnt ask them to) a second time to ask for a late checkout and were told no.

Also seemed like the crowd was a bit different this stay. Some thugs and their girlfriends at the pool and at morning breakfast...not the most desirable ambiance.

Visited gym only to find several cardio pieces with deficiencies or partially broken. One treadmill out of commission entirely and a few others with bad connections to the tv display.

Not everything was disappointing, Ray at Crooked Branch was pleasant and helpful. The animal show is great for kids and adults alike. The room was clean. Room service was accurate and prompt (we ordered twice). FYI...great idea to call and verify order before bringing it up. Try the apple pie...it's always been good.

Will review Cibolo Moon and Crooked Branch separetly but both have always been good.

We will definitely stay again and hope this was just a fluke!

• Stayed February 2014
toddw100, Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Good day and thank you for providing us with detailed feedback regarding your stay at our resort last weekend.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you by not extending your check out time. In the case of our Elite status Marriott Rewards members, we should always give full consideration to accommodate a late check out request. Unfortunately, every now and then our business requires us to decline late checkout requests, even for our most loyal customers. Again, my apologies this happened last weekend. Please rest assured that we will include this example in our daily rehearsals with our staff to ensure all staff are knowledgeable on how to best handle these requests with every effort made to accomodate when business allows.

I also apologize for the cardio / TV equipment in our fitness center not being fully operational. This situation has been corrected and we have had our vendor, Life Fitness in to review every machine and TV monitor to insure they are in good working order.
Most important is that we continue to appreciate your loyalty to our resort. Thank you for taking the time to mention Ray in our Cibolo Moon Restaurant and your In Room Dining experience being accurate and prompt. I also love our Apple pie!!
We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at the JW with my wife between Christmas and New Year. I had been there for a business event several years ago and always wanted to return. This is what a luxury resort should be. The staff is excellent, all are ready and willing to help you with anything at anytime.
The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas with a nice light show every evening after dark. Rooms are comfortable, excellent restaurants and two great golf courses. We didn't need (or want to) leave. I'd come back anytime and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our first time at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. This place is over the top with service, quality and beauty. We ate at the hotel 3 times during our weekend and every meal was great. The water park for kids and adults is nice - we did not use it but a lot of people were out with kids having fun.

For a location to have a nice romantic weekend stay this site is great. My wife and I walked the grounds, set out on our patio and listened to a live band, set in the lower lobby bar and listened to a live group and just relaxed. It was cool outside but the three outside fireplaces kept us warm.

The rooms are large and everything looks new and fresh. Couldn't ask for anything better.

The management work hard at making your stay wonderful. Justin was great and so was everyone else.

As you can tell from my other reviews, my wife and I stay in San Antonio often and I assure you we will stay at this site soon and often.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor with a walk out patio and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary T
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I recently had the privledge of staying at the JW Marriott in San Antonio for a business meeting and was impressed from the very first minute. Polite, intelligent workers greet you as you exit your cab and escort you to the check in location. Equally pleasant staff are found at every counter and in the restaurant. In fact the staff at the restaurant were exceptionally accommodating as we shifted chairs and tables and rushed in and out between meetings

Over the course of my stay I found the room to be quite nice and provide everything I required in the way of TV, internet, phone and ameneties. The meeting rooms were also handled very well with all of the AV presentations and microphones and internet working without a hitch (which frankly is a rare event at these meetings!). I would certainly come back and stay without hestitation at this hotel!

Room Tip: If early to bed, I would request a room not facing the main courtyard / outdoor space where it appea...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This place is really nice and even has it's own golf course and water park. It's a little out the way and if you are only visiting San Antonio for a couple days you might find this place a little far to travel to. In our case however we loved that it was out the way. Fine dining was excellent and the small water park was fun . It has a complimentary laundry room and provides detergents free. The rooms were clean and nice , the view we had was not great but it didn't really matter as we were out and about. If you like golf this is the place as it holds the US golf open. Overall a really nice place to stay .

• Stayed December 2013