We visited the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort this year for a long Easter weekend. Aside from the slightly uncooperative weather, it really was a wonderful weekend! We are already planning a return trip this summer!
The resort is beautiful, but huge! The rooms are really nice and comfortable, and we had a corner room with a balcony overlooking the golf course. While everything about the resort is actually really great, the star of the show is the water park! We had an absolute blast on the slides and in the lazy river, and our youngest also really enjoyed the kids' pool and slides. As I mentioned, the weather wasn't perfect - in fact, we had a cool front come through right before Easter, so it was unseasonably cool considering it was late April. Thankfully, the pools are heated, though only to about 80 degrees (which is a bit chilly for me!). The only real problem with the pools is the lack of pool chairs. If they could find a way to add several hundred more chairs, it would be beyond perfect!
There are also activities galore for the whole family. While there, we enjoyed watching Frozen by the pool, having s'mores by the fire, learning about and petting the animals from Zoomagination, and much more. The kids also enjoyed spending every evening listening to music while running up and down the hills of the golf course after closing.
We booked a golf package for one of the nights and a spa package for the other night. My husband really enjoyed the golf and said the course was beautiful and challenging! I thought the spa was WONDERFUL! The whole experience in the spa was just perfect and I highly recommend it!
We also found the food to be very good. We had breakfast at Cibolo Moon the first morning and the buffet was delicious! We also splurged on the Easter Buffet and can honestly say it was one of the best buffets we've ever had!! The JW really paid attention to every detail on this brunch from the food to the décor to the entertainment. Our kids are still talking about the balloon animals (actually a Minion and a flower with lady bug) that balloon artist made for them.
We will absolutely return to this JW Marriott, hopefully this summer. I think it's also likely we'll return again for another holiday weekend, maybe even Easter next year. As I said, the resort is really big. On the bright side, we had a lot of fun exploring! The down side, though, is that it does take some time to figure out where you're going. By Sunday of our long weekend, we had it all figured out, though, and will know exactly where we're going next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa Texas