My husband and I just spent a night at the JW and had a wonderful time. This was our second time visiting the resort and we will most definitely be back. From the moment you pull up to the moment you check out the level of service and atmosphere is fantastic.
We were with another couple who reserved our rooms online so we were automatically given a king room and a double queen room right next to each other. My husband and I went to the front desk and asked that we get a king room instead of a queen and they immediately took care of us. They were even able to put us on the same floor near our friends.
The room was beautiful. We overlooked a lawn where they were setting up for a derby event. It was a gorgeous view. The only thing that I could not find that would have been useful was the do not disturb sign. Unless we missed it, we could not find it anywhere in our room. It would have come in handy Sunday morning when housekeeping was there to clean.
The pool complex is outstanding. The last time we visited you could not find a seat in the house because it was summer. This time, there were plenty of seats and shade available. We were in an area near the back of the complex behind the cabanas. This was nice because it was quiet and relaxing. There was a server that came by to deliver lunch to a couple near us but he never once looked up and made eye contact with the other couples in the area. We tried to flag him down but he was gone so fast we didn't even have a chance. It would be nice to have a server make rounds maybe every 20 minutes to see if anyone needs anything. If not, you had to walk all the way across the pool complex to the bar to get drinks and order food. Also, our first server at the pool bar was not very knowledgeable with the menu or what beers you had on tap. He was a little overwhelmed but overall took care of us.
We had appetizers at Cibolo Moon which were amazing and our server was outstanding. He took great care of us and had our food and drinks out quickly. He also made a few recommendations of things to try if we came back for dinner. We enjoyed music at the Crooked Branch along with our complimentary beverages and then made our way to Velocity. Our server at Velocity was by far the best server we had. I believe his name was Will. He was knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. Kuddos to him. Our brunch at Cibolo Moon was so so good.
Overall we had a wonderful time and a nice weekend getaway. I look forward to returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort in San Antonio, Texas features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa Texas