This is a 5 star facility that caters to conference goers in a way that allows their families to have a blast during the day, on site.
I am labeling this as a business trip, but in this case, I was my wife's guest on HER business trip. We both enjoyed our stay, and will probably come back. The views herein are purely my own.
Overall, I liked having the run of this friendly place while my wife was listening to blowhards other than her husband.
the good stuff:
- The grounds are beautiful.
- They have a decent but smallish-for-this-size hotel workout room available for everyone
- For a bit extra, they also have a very good spa with lots of treatment rooms, an upscale exercise room, and a private adult pool.
- There are several activities for families every day.
- the conference area is large, with just enough separation from the hotel lobby for conference goers not to be disturbed by those just having fun, but still only a 2 minute indoor walk away. Clever, and I'll suggest this area for a future gathering at my own company.
- Excellent golf lessons available, though at about two or three times the price I would get charged at home. Can't speak about the golf course itself, because I didn't advance enough after my first-ever lesson. Another reason to return.
- Comfortable room
- Friendly and well trained staff
- The kitchen seems to follow a formula, vs. having an intrinsic knowledge of how to create meals worthy of the gourmet prices being charged.
- $10.50 for Jack Daniels on ice?? $14 for mediocre margaritas? You should be ashamed.
- entertainment on weekends was good, but a bit too intrusive if you just wanted a quiet (yet overpriced) drink.
- the parking lot is terraced, which I admit is nicer than a flat expanse of asphalt, but one can't find a spot easily. Covered parking is only for valet.
- the catered food at the conference was worthy of a 2-star joint at home
- adult-oriented activities are not so identified, so I missed a few options in which I would have been interested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort in San Antonio, Texas features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa Texas