Beautiful resort set in the hill country just far enough away from it all. Everything at this resort is done perfectly. From the minute you step on the resort, everyone greets you and asks if there is anything you need.
I've stayed here a few times for business during October but never during the summer. For business this is a great conference center (good food, snacks, etc.) with a great bar and pool.
Once summer hits this is a family resort. My wife and I took our 18 month old and she had a blast. Almost everyone there is with their kids so summer might not be the best time for a romantic getaway. They do offer a 6-10PM kid camp (for a charge) so the parents can get a nice dinner. The pool is huge with a kids splash area and water slides but it does get busy so getting a spot at the pool early is suggested
We ate at the Cibolo Moon restaurant most of the time (breakfast/dinner) and they had a great buffet. If you didn't want buffet they had a menu with some delicious offerings. For lunch we usually ordered food by the pool or hit room service for a break. At night you could watch a movie by the pool (kid movies like Frozen, Monsters Univ.), making s'mores, or lounging by one of the many fireplaces listening to the live music. On Friday they even had stargazing with telescopes set out on the golf course by the pool.
Overall this is a wonderful resort for families, romance, or business. Everything is over the top and made to spoil you. We had a wonderful time and plan to come back very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort in San Antonio, Texas features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa Texas