JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
US$163
US$146
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$145
US$130
HIExpress.com
US$196
US$165
  • Restaurant
Best Western Alamo Suites(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$103
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$290
US$256
Hotels.com
US$117
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$162
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$174
2,673 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylobby barlabor day weekendfire pitbusiness conferenceself parkingconference center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My eight year old daughter and I just returned from our fifth trip to the JW Marriott. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. The lazy river and waterslides are so much fun, and they have a cute craft or other activity for the kids every day with enough variety to keep them interested. S'mores at night are also a fun tradition. This is the first time that we visited around a holiday, and I have to say that we didn't enjoy the crowds. We figured out how to avoid the busy times by our second day, though, so it was still quite fun. I would recommend staying there during the week to avoid busy weekends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

No real complaints from the rooms, multiple restaurants, pool, cabanas, lazy river and slides, kids activities (wish they had more geared towards pre-teen age group), service, golf course. This was an absolutely fabulous resort with several things to do and close enough to experience what San Antonio has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed at this resort at least 12 times. The hotel is fine with kids. Not one we would pick for couples weekend. This weekend we were celebrating my sons 10th birthday. We tented a sweet an cabana. The guys wanted pizza. We ordered from outside the resort from their fav pizza spot and were addressed rudely by servers (?) and manager (Justin) for having outside food. We would have gladly have ordered from the resort if staff and menus had been visible and our previous experience had not taken well over an hour for service and food! If you choose the spend your hard earned $ and well deserved time off here, I would only do it if it is free or you have exhausted ALL other options. Would rat "0" if an option.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Kspatteson
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed over the 4th with my wife (only) but have stayed previously with our daughter as well. I travel quite a bit and am a marriott lifetime platinum member. I expect a lot and am somewhat picky. V

This hotel is our now our "local" favorite after the horseshoe bay changed hands. Actually, that may have happened regardless, it's really a nice plan to stay.

The rooms are very big and nicely appointed and very clean. There are many activities going on in parallel, including lots of live music. The 2 drink coupon is a nice touch. And, randomly, one day an employee walked around passing out free cookies.

The food everywhere is excellent. I think it's reasonably priced for a resort. It's better than any other domestic resort I've stated at. Everything from from the quesadillas at the pool to the cibolo moon buffet was tasty and well prepared.

Being a holiday summer weekend the pool was very crowded. Folks were lined up at 7:30am for the 9am pool opening. The Waterpark is very nice The adult pool is a bit small and space is limited but I don't know if this is just an issue during peak periods or not.

For the size of this place, things move well and you don't feel like you're just a number.

If I had to find fault it would be that the garage should be open to self parkers and the pool could use some more chairs (if that's possible to do).

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mike_Austin74
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I just came back from a wonderful, relaxing leisure stay at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. The property is immaculate with wonderful rooms. The bedroom portion of the suite was amazing. The bathroom is huge and spacious with a door that separates the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. The housekeepers are very tidy and they keep the rooms spotless. I wanted to recognize several staff members that made my stay at the JW just that much more special: Justin Chancellor, Randie Sinclair, Casey Adams, Todd Walther, Chris Potter, Jamie at the concierge desk, Caren at the concierge desk, Anthony at the front desk, Jessica at the front desk, and Norma the housekeeper. I truly had a wonderful stay at this lovely resort. These staff members I have recognized are the epitome of hospitality; I just wish all hotel staff members were just like them. The onsite restaurants (18 Oaks and Cibolo Moon) were terrific as well. I am looking forward to a return visit and staying at the JW again. This JW is truly the best of the best.

Room Tip: High floors are great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family