JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
US$165
US$160
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$367
US$177
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$279
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
US$134
ComfortSuites
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$147
  • Restaurant
2,691 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylobby barlabor day weekendfire pitbusiness conferenceself parkingconference center
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have known of this resort for quite some time but just recently had the opportunity to treat my family to a long weekend at this secluded Hill Country resort. First impressions are critical and this spot passes the test - upon approach you can't help but be in awe of the massive resort. The staff was very polite at every interaction. The grounds were flawless, restaurants terrific. The true gem here, particularly if you are traveling with kids, is the aquatic park. I simply can't just call this a pool...it is so much more! Water slides, lazy river, energetic baby pool, abundant pool side chairs and umbrellas, even cabanas...they have it all!

I did have a couple disappointing moments and I feel obligated to share those when providing reviews. First, in the interest of full disclosure, I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member and I used Rewards points to book this stay. My family had stayed the night before at the Marriott Rivercenter (also on points) and had received an upgrade to a suite. I called this resort the morning of check-in to inquire about an upgrade (traveling with a baby, having a separate living room can be a life saver). The professional I spoke with indicated that there was plenty of vacancy during our stay and that an upgrade should not be a problem whatsoever. Great! So, I was a little disappointed at the point of check-in when I was told that my upgrade was simply an upgraded view of the pool area. We didn't even get a full size balcony. I was traveling with 3 other families - none of whom are Marriott Rewards members, all of whom had full size balconies. From my vantage point, there was little appreciation for my status and more focus on rewarding non brand loyal guests who were paying for the stay. Big picture - not a deal breaker...the room was fine and the baby was cooperative. The one real issue I had, which I now realize that I never reported to the property, pertains to the extra pillow and blanket contained in a zipped bag in the top of the closet. I had a need to use those items our 2nd night and, to my horror, when I opened the bag at about 3:00 am, I discovered what appeared to be a dried blood stain on the pillow case and dark black hairs on the blanket. Needless to say, I tossed those right back in the closet. To the resort management, if you happen to read this, please check on this in room 3362 (we just checked out on 7/8/14)..someone else may throw a huge fit.

Overall, despite the couple of hiccups listed above, my family and the 3 we were traveling with all had a great time. We will go back and I am hopeful that the next time around my Platinum Elite status will yield a little better upgrade, whether I am paying or redeeming points.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Investigator1256
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The person that cleaned our room was exceptional! They are very customer service driven. The only thing that I would say was concerning is that a group of our friends were swimming in the pool after hours and their wallets were stolen. Even though it feels safe, be careful!

The pool area is great, the restaurant by the golf course - excellent.....the main restaurant in the hotel Cibola Moon sp? The lunch menu was better than dinner menu, the service was slow but it is pretty busy in there.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Not sure if there was a bad room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My eight year old daughter and I just returned from our fifth trip to the JW Marriott. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. The lazy river and waterslides are so much fun, and they have a cute craft or other activity for the kids every day with enough variety to keep them interested. S'mores at night are also a fun tradition. This is the first time that we visited around a holiday, and I have to say that we didn't enjoy the crowds. We figured out how to avoid the busy times by our second day, though, so it was still quite fun. I would recommend staying there during the week to avoid busy weekends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

No real complaints from the rooms, multiple restaurants, pool, cabanas, lazy river and slides, kids activities (wish they had more geared towards pre-teen age group), service, golf course. This was an absolutely fabulous resort with several things to do and close enough to experience what San Antonio has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed at this resort at least 12 times. The hotel is fine with kids. Not one we would pick for couples weekend. This weekend we were celebrating my sons 10th birthday. We tented a sweet an cabana. The guys wanted pizza. We ordered from outside the resort from their fav pizza spot and were addressed rudely by servers (?) and manager (Justin) for having outside food. We would have gladly have ordered from the resort if staff and menus had been visible and our previous experience had not taken well over an hour for service and food! If you choose the spend your hard earned $ and well deserved time off here, I would only do it if it is free or you have exhausted ALL other options. Would rat "0" if an option.

• Stayed: July 2014