“OOOOOOOH The Selection of Beer!!!”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #231 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I knew what to expect when I headed into the Yard House. I was in one in Hawaii about a year earlier, and was blown away with the number of choices on tap. This location had even more!!!

So many of the large tap bar/restaurants try to either have one of each category, or lean more to what their personal desire is. This is not the case at the Yard House. At least 10-15 choices in each category, and I love the way they have the tap room open to the restaurant to see.

I also like the oversized booths, which allows a large party of friends to converse while having access to tv's hanging between each booth. Our only complaint, and the reason I didn't rate higher is that the service was real inconsistent.

I agree with the other reviewers about the slow service. Our waiter went on break, and his relief waitress did a hell of a great job, I was sad to see him come back. We had to order several times from other servers because he wasn't to be seen.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hi DeepBlueDives - Thank you for recognizing the quality of our beer selection and our restaurant's ambiance. We are a bit concerned, however, about the service you received. Our servers should be attentive, ensuring our guests are being well taken care of. Please accept our apologies that the service was inconsistent. The importance of being attentive is going to be stressed with our team in the hopes of preventing a recurrence. We would welcome an opportunity to invite you back for the experience you deserve and we know we can provide. Would you mind sending me your contact information to yhguest@yardhouse.com? Looking forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for Yard House

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have been to The Yard House several times and have never been disappointed. There is a very large selection of ice-cold beers, and also many vegetarian menu options. We usually go during happy hour when prices are extremely reasonable. Great place to hang out on the patio.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Went to the Yard House last nigh with my wife, a co-worker and his wife. Very good setting. The choice of beers is almost overwhelming but I like the offerings and the breakdown of beers on the menu made it easier to choose. The meal was very good. I had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. we all had fun and enjoyed the time here. Great place.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great place for a happy hour late lunch. 1/2 price appetizers which are really good- we had a mushroom pizza that was yummie- The restaurant would have been overpriced had it not been happy hour.

Great selection of beers to choose from.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had done some shopping at the Shops of La Cantera and decided to try this place for a late lunch (2:30PM). We were seated promptly and had our order taken about 10 minutes after being seated. My wife had the lunch sandwich combo of ½ roast beef dip and ½ Caesar salad. I had an avocado Swiss burger with fries. The food was delicious. My wife’s salad was crisp and fresh and her sandwich tasty. The lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and avocado on my burger were also crisp and fresh. The burger was cooked medium and was dripping with the juicy flavor of a burger that had been done at an outdoor picnic. The real treat was the shoestring fries served with the burger. They were crisp but not crunchy or oily. We were tempted to get a second order they were so good. The overall atmosphere was also pleasant, not too noisy that we could not hear each other. I give this place a thumbs up for good food and ambiance at a reasonable price.