Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld
Ranked #209 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on Cinema Ridge in San Antonio. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. This is the second stay in this hotel. It is very convenient to Lackland AFB which was great for us. 2 restaurants Texas Roadhouse and Saltgrass next door made it even better and just a couple minutes from the mall and many other restaurants and stores. Would definitely stay there a third time. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stay here May 30, 2014 for 3 nights (8 rooms) for a family gathering (checked out early). Rooms are not cleaned properly, food particles are on the carpets, bathrooms rooms are stained under the sink, rooms have a mildew stink. I had to ask maintenance to fix the bathroom faucets, they were loose. Very poorly managed, employees hang outside by the pool most of the day smoking and chatting away. At night the back of the hotel walls, sidewalk, parking lot is infested with beetles. They make their way inside the hotel halls and rooms, doesn't seem to bother the management. We were extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Select a room towards the front and upper floors to avoid have beetles getting into the rooms. Good...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Joe A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would like to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The title of my review tell everything I am looking for as a road warrior. I'm there for a couple of days and then I'm gone. What I look for is clean, quiet room with lots of work space. This hotel more than met my needs. I will return even though they had a couple of hiccups. They missed my wake up call one day, and .had had the same breakfast 3 days in a row. Usually we get a little variety at HIX.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I reviewed this hotel last year when we stayed and gave it 5 stars. Now, they've dropped to earning one star. Our trip was horrible.
I made my reservation over the phone with Mike for a suite with two beds and one sofa bed, as there are 5 people in our family. This was a few weeks before we came.
I confirmed this reservation over the phone with Lisette and requested a handicap-accessible room on the first floor a few days before our stay.
When we arrived at 9pm, they did not have the two bed suite available for us.
They did not have a handicap accessible room for us.
They did not have a first floor room available for us.
So, basically, they didn't have anything that we needed. Jeanette said that they couldn't help me, because they were full and my family of five would have to sleep in a one bed room. I didn't even know five people were allowed in a room with one bed.
They said that Lisette had made a mistake and hadn't put my requests bolded in red, so they weren't honored when they assigned rooms that morning.
Then, they said that Mike shouldn't have given me a suite room for the group rate I was there with and that's maybe why they changed my room without telling me.
After I asked for it, they checked for a rollaway bed and finally found one around 11pm. That meant that three people slept in the king sized bed, one person got the rollaway bed and one person was going to sleep on the floor. When I asked for extra bedding to make a bed on the floor, they said, "But we already gave you extra bedding for the rollaway bed. Isn't that enough?" No! By 11:30 pm, I finally got my bedding.
It was a horrible experience. I had to call corporate headquarters (who were VERY nice) to talk to someone who understood this was was unacceptable.
The hotel gave us 15% off of our bill for the inconvenience of them taking away our handicap accessible room and and for one person having to sleep on the floor. I thought Sam, the general manager had said 50%, because he has an accent and I was on my cell phone at a Scottish Festival when he called me. Whoops! That's a HUGE difference. 15% off for having to sleep on the floor and not having a handicap room is NOT a good deal.
The second night we were there, they changed us to the type of room we had requested, but on a different floor. They seemed to think that made everything better and were quite rude to us when we checked out.
Andrew, in particular, was quite rude and accused me of lying about what had happened. Apparently, he doesn't know that when you call corporate headquarters, they document your story. Corporate can vouch for me that I had the same story the night we checked in that I have now. Accusing your guests of lying is very bad form.
When I called Sam, the general manager, about the situation, he would not return my call. Instead he called the front desk and told that he would talk to me in person, if I was willing to stay three hours after I wanted to check out of the hotel. I was not willing to do that and I'm not sure why he couldn't just call my cell phone. 24 hours later, he still hasn't returned my call.
I still don't understand why they couldn't have contacted other hotels in their group to find us an acceptable room.
The staff needs problem resolution training.
We won't be staying at this hotel ever again.
We will stay at Holiday Inns again, because the gals we spoke to in their Utah corporate offices were so polite.
But NEVER this hotel again.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what you request. They will ignore it and then tell you that you never reques...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sarahbyu1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear sarahbyu1,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Karen G.
Houston
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were visiting a close friend in San Antonio this past weekend and googled Holiday Inn Express near our friend's house. This one popped up. We booked and were so pleased. Great location, Very close to many many shops, restaurants and most important to our friend's house. The staff was superb and the room was very nice! Price was excellent. When we go back to San Antonio - this hotel will be the one we select!

Room Tip: Our room was excellent!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here for one night while working in San Antonio. This is a newer motel near Seaworld - not walking distance, but less than 15 minutes away in traffic. Nice room with microwave, nice refrigerator and flat screen tv. Plenty of outlets for cell phone chargers, computers, etc. They have excellent wireless connectivity or wired ethernet. The beds were so nice - think of Goldilocks - just right. My wife and I were to sleep instantly and both of us thought the beds were perfect in terms of firmness. Lots of pillows, lights and 2 chairs at the table.

Breakfast was excellent Scrambled eggs, pancake machine, biscuits and gravy, sliced ham, bagels, cereal, muffins, cinnamon rolls - plenty to eat. It was presented well - it looked good as well as tasting good. The lady who took care of the breakfast room was Justine. She was awesome. Checked to see if everything was to our liking, offered to bring us things and was just bright and cheery at 6:35am. Lots of coffee and real half and half - no powdered stuff.

Checkout was easy and quick - they made me want to turn around and check back in. Just nice people and a nice place to stay. This will be our place to stay when we're working in NW San Antonio again.

They said the rates don't really go up much in the summer when Seaworld is open. That's welcome news.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the backside of the property overlooking the pool and hot tub, and are fu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
samuel q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for a fantastic review we really do appreciate such kind words, because we work really hard to give our guest what they want. We await your future stay! Thank you once again, Holiday Inn Express and Suites Staff
Minnesota
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here 1 night on our Texas road trip. Overall good place to stay when in the area. The rate was very cheap and it met all of our needs - good sleep, easy to find, good selection for breakfast, free parking and free internet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear MNlove2travel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our hotel was a good value. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jaime W