“Best Hotel in the area”

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #50 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I had an incredible experience in this hotel. The staff is ultra friendly and they provided prompt service at all times. The rooms are impeccable and the beds are amazing!
This is definitely the best option for North San Antonio, Stone Oak area. I highly recommend this hotel. Best deal for quality and price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank NikitaWorld07

Reviewed 13 September 2011

These guys worked so hard to make sure that the room, service, and all amenities were perfect. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The front desk service was amazing. The persons working there were readily available 24/7 and were able to answer questions and provide whatever was needed. Their attitudes and customer service skills were incredible. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Every room I saw was excellent and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The staff was great the rooms are very nice with a modern decor...breakfast could be better not enough hot items...the major turn off would be the pool area although indoor it is super SMALL

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We normally stay at the hotels off of the Riverwalks, however we didnt like the noise and the parking. My wife and I love San Antonio and are very picky about where we stay. We decided to give this place a try, and were blown away not only by the location (5 miles from the riverwalk), but the facilties. This is not your run of the mill Hyatt Place, this thing is like Hyatt Place on Steroids! Once you walk in you're greeted by the beautiful atrium and the bar/snack area.

They staff was extremely professional and about all of that the Director of Sales Erica Kraus, made our stay wonderful. I've never met a more professional or friendly person. If we weren't married we would do it again, and work with Erica for the rooms.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! THIS PLACE KICKS THE PANTS OFF OF ANY OTHER PLACE IN SAN ANTONIO!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ty2106
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This is a fabulous hotel and I will stay here again, In fact I was so impressed I would stay at any of the Hyatt Place hotels. The room had two beds, a full sectional sofa and the room had a 1/2 dividing wall that seperated the "living area" from the beds so you felt like you were not in a hotel room. Nice big LCD's, fridge and desk. We looked at hotels at the Riverwalk and this one was a lot cheaper with a lot more amenities. It is very close to the airport (but far enough not to hear planes all night). Free parking and free breakfast, near lots of food and activities. I was very impressed, it had a lot of room for my family of 5. One other thing, they had two self serve kiosks for check in and out, which made things very efficient. A person was there to assist you if needed but we really did not need help.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Hyatt Place San Antonio North/Stone Oak is easy to get to if you take the Sonterra exit off Loop 1604 - go up to Sonterra - turn right on Sonterra and follow that road almost all the way to Hwy 281 - turn right 1 block before you get to the access road, and you're there.

First impression: walking into the hotel, the scent was quite perfumey. Upon entering our room, it smelled a little perfumey and a little mildewy. I'm not sure if the perfume scent was Febreeze or not. The mildew scent may have been because it was SO humid in S.A. at the time (despite the fact that they were experiencing a drought.) However, the a/c had been turned down so that our room would be comfortable upon arrival.

A few things to be aware of if you plan to stay here. First, if you are staying on the east side of the hotel, light sleepers be forewarned, there is traffic noise which seems like all the time, and I heard it at 5:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. and all the hours in between. My kids and husband weren't bothered by it however. For light sleepers , we recommend requesting a room on the west (and north) side of the hotel, and you should be fine. Second, we had difficulty dialing numbers with an 830 area code, which includes Poteet, Jourdanton, Boerne, and other small surrounding cities. The only complaint I have about this is that when I mentioned it to a couple of the staff , they said that they have that problem sometimes too. Seems to me that this is something that Hyatt Place should address with the phone company, since 830 numbers are usually a local call if your phone is set up for that. By the way, I tried dialing it the long distance way, and that didn't work either. Third, and this is probably a personal preference thing - the bed was really uncomfortable for both my husband and I, but it was a pillow top. So, if you are a pillow top sleeper it is probably a great bed (my kids loved it.) Finally, I would have liked a phone book in the room.

Now for the things that impressed us. First our double queen hotel room was spacious, with plenty of walking space so that you didn't bump into one another. It was also clean. I was pleasantly surprised, since I am a neat freak, that I didn't find any hair or dust that can sometimes be found at hotels. Second, housekeeping was attentive and helpful, always ready to clean our room or provide fresh towels when requested. Third, the front desk staff was prompt, friendly, and helpful. They always said a warm hello, goodnight, or have a great day. I also noticed one of the front desk gals helping to clear tables on a particularly busy breakfast morning! Wow! Fourth, I was very impressed with the continental breakfast. We ate at different times -- 7 a.m., 8 a.m., and one day almost 9 a.m., and every morning there was cereal, juice, fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew melon, grapes, fresh pineapple mix), fresh apples/oranges/bananas, either oatmeal or biscuits/gravy, blueberry, poppy seed and bran muffins, bagels, English muffins, bread for toast, fresh orange juice, apple juice and tomato juice, and skim milk, 2% milk and I believe whole milk too. One morning out of six, food was a little less available, but still there was plenty to eat for us 2 adults and 2 kids. The kitchen staff is so great that if there wasn't enough of one thing (for example: bananas or muffins) all you would have to do is ask for it, and they are glad to provide it. I was particularly impressed with Mary, who was always eager to help with either getting more food, juice, or coffee for someone, or stopping by to say hello or to clear a plate/bowl.

All in all, despite our few suggestions, we were very happy with our stay here, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pickyNEgirl
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Front desk extremely friendly and helpful! Robert and Caleb were their names I believe. Very good restaurant recommendations and shuttle service, continental breakfast included was nice too.

• Stayed: June 2011