“Great little hotel in Suburbs”

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #46 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was going to a conference being held at the JW Marriott Resort but it was sold out so they suggested a few nearby hotels off of 281 & 1604. There were a number of hotels in this area and TripAdvisor suggest this as the "best" rated in the area. While it is a bit difficult to access due to road construction in area once found the hotel was great for the function. When I walked in the front staff gave me a tour of the pantry and front, was very friendly and welcoming and gave me a good room that I requested. When I got to the room it was more like a small studio suite than a hotel room, sofa sitting area, cubicle computer work area, mini-fridge micro wave and comfortable bed. Very comfortable room and hotel and more than1/2 the price of the JW resort, just not the amenities. I was able to get into the JW spa as part of our convention group so I got the best of all worlds, cheaper sleep and use of the resort. Great option in the NW San Antonio area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel is everything you could ever want and more. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are great. My family and I had a wonderful stay here. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JackC61
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This place is fantastic, the staff is wonderful. Espescially the morning staff on the weekend. I stayed on the weekend of the 21st and the morning staff seemed to really have it together and the breakfast was running smoothly. The rooms were great and spacious. This hotel is close to everything. I will most defiantly stay here on my next trip to San Antonio.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Had a close 4:00 arrival for a 6:00 wedding....Check in at 4:00 a little slow because agent was checking for another room that was not yet cleaned???? Put us in a quiet room next to elevator, so no complaint. Always had excellent service at these hotels, but check in agent seemed clueless.... Other staff very efficient at food bar, etc. I like the layout of Hyatt Place hotels, with living area, then bedroom area split by wide-flat screen. Very efficient use of space! This hotel well maintained, and would return! I'd really give this hotel a 3 and and a half it it would let me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I was booked into this hotel and when I came to check -in, the staff was nothing but nice. They showed me around the lobby and explained the bar and snack bar. When I went to my room, there was an issue, but they were quick to remedy the situation and give me another room. I would definitely stay here again in the future. The rooms are exquisite and fit for a king!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lndn05
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean and we were very happy with our stay here. My only suggestion is better training for the "barista's" that are on hand for the 24 hour Starbucks that is in the hotel. They have the front desk clerk making the beverages too. I was very excited to hear that there was a Starbucks inside the hotel but it's more of a coffee station with the Starbucks name. The gentleman that made our drink one night was very inexperienced at it and it took about 20 minutes and two individuals to make 2 beverages that were in the end, barely drinkable.

Overall though the rooms were spacious, clean and the all glass showers are huge since there is no bathtub. Could make it difficult if you have children.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and this was extremely appreciated while traveling with an infant!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and both times I must say that I was impressed its cleanliness. My husband even commented that this had to be the cleanest bathroom he had ever seen in ANY hotel, and we've stayed at some very nices ones. The rooms are large and the sectional (which opens into a queen bed) is expremely comfy for lounging. We did not use it for sleeping, but our bed was very comfy and we both rested well after we got accustomed to the air condition shutting on and off (which was a little loud). The staff is super friendly and accomodating. This hotel is located in a nice area if you prefer to not stay in the crowded downtown area. We did visit the Riverwalk which was only about a 15 minute drive. They do have a small gym and a nice sized indoor pool. The only negative is that it is located directely off a main highway, so I would recommend booking a room facing north away from the noise of the traffic. This is what I have done on both occasions and I heard no traffic. Overall, it was great for the price of $109.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south sode are quieter. Corner rooms are smaller.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple