“Great hotel at a great price”

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #46 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed at the hotel with the family and from the door to the rooms, the place is clean, has modern look and the price is great. The Wifi worked like a charm and fast. We had breakfast every morning and they had plenty of options. The location is great and is close to a big business and restaurant area. It is about 25 minutes from Sea World, which is a plus and a great mexican restaurant right in front of the hotel. I would recommend this place to anyone, anytime.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jose I

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We spent a weekend at this hotel and it was wonderful! The room was spotless with very comfortable bed plus cold air conditioning! It is really new and it shows, we ordered food to our room with great service. Upon a midnight arrival Richard at the front desk was so welcoming and very helpful! All employees were friendly and helpful! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna H
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family decided to cancel a reservation by the Riverwalk San Antonio to stay closer to a quieter area of the town. Our decision was the right one after staying at this hotel. This place and staff is AWESOME! Hardworking and very friendly staff. July 4th weekend, this place was packed but the staff made it all enjoyable.
The hotel is well maintained and have easy access to just about everything.
we want to give special recognizition to two of the staff memebers: CARMEN and Rehua

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Denny V
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This hotel is about 2 yrs old. Staff is great. Nice roomy rooms,clean. Cleaning staff is pleasant too. Breakfast was great. Upscale from the normal complementary breakfast. Good location. 15-20 mins from downtown. Walmart right around the corner. Rooms were priced just right.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank bdinnab
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I was attending a business conference in San Antonio that was being held at the JW Mariott San Antonio, and because it was sold out, I needed a place close by. I found this hotel, that was right on US 281, and about 10 minutes away. It seems like it is practically brand new, and the lobby was bright, with lots of cozy seating in the lounge area. The new concept that it has (well, new to me!) is a great idea--it has a small, bar/counter, where you can get food or drink 24 hours a day. This is right inside the lobby by the front desk, and is very convenient, with a staff that is pleasant and helpful. I got in late on a Sunday night, and had a salad and a pizza, which just hit the spot. I think it's great! The breakfast was free, with a nice assortment; there is an indoor pool and a gym. The room was very nice, with a large screen TV, small fridge, sitting area, desk and comfy bed. Parking in the lot is free. There are other restaurants and shopping not far way. I would definitely stay there again, if I was in the area. I also wanted to mention the young woman at the front desk, Felicia, who always had a smile, and helped with directions and information.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank michkab16
Reviewed 28 June 2012

At first my wife and I were kind of disappointed by the weird hospitality because it was between self service and motel.. But later we find out the amenities and our point of view change.. The staff was good everything we ask from the front desk /bar/restaurant staff they deliver.. And the breakfast was great.. I will come back

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Djvilla23
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel was ranked #1 in San Antonio at the time of my reservation and I see why. We stayed here for two nights, a Friday and Saturday evening. There was a large team of teenage boys who were attending a tournament (we saw them at breakfast) but we never had any parking issues. All of the employees we encountered were pleasant and there were a few little things that just made the stay enjoyable. The rooms are spacious and include a good sized couch/mini-sectional and also a refrigerator, and are very clean. The decor here is modern and the location, for us, was superb. There were a few little negatives, but they were certainly not significant and amount to preference. I am simply listing them here for informational purposes. I recommend this hotel if you will be in this area. We plan to stay here every time we are in San Antonio which is 6-8 times a year.

+trial size of toothpaste
+hot water was hot fast!
+refrigerator in room
+cover on the peephole
+nice mini-sectional lounger
+great charging station for electronics
+replaced shampoo, conditioner and soap on day 2
+all employees were friendly
+great selection at breakfast

-only 3 full size towels (I prefer 4)
-drawers to unpack clothes in a bit small
-bath mat had a frayed edge, but was clean

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple