“Decent Hyatt Place - great staff, room was a little tired”

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #46 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for work and it was fine. The extra space you come to expect from a Hyatt Place is certainly appreciated. The front desk/bar/restaurant staff were outstanding. They went out of their way to be helpful. It is convenient to be able to get food and drinks late - not a full service restaurant but enough to get you by. They also have a breakfast buffet in the morning which is convenient. The food was decent.

My only complaint is that the facilities could have been just a bit cleaner - my biggest issue was that the carpet in the room looked dirty. And the air conditioner tended to cycle on and off frequently and was loud. This is fairly typical of hotel rooms but was still a bit of a bother at night especially.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 September 2013

What a nice place to stay. I was booked at the Courtyard Marriott, but after passing here, something told me to try Hyatt Place instead. I'm so glad I did. I stayed here while playing a tennis tournament for a few days. Conveniently located to good food. The property is very clean, well maintained and stylishly decorated. And, the rate was just right. Plus, the service was above and beyond the average 3 star hotel type. This is a 3 star hotel with 4 to five star service and cleanliness. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I liked everything about this hotel (the pool was a bit small though). Staff was friendly, rooms were clean & spacious LOVE the little divider from sleeping & living area! Breakfast was good & free!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our week long stay during one of San Antonio's hottest weeks (102 - 106F) was exceptional. The staff were most helpful, courteous and hard working. They made our stay and also our friends stay who were with us a wonderful experience of San Antonio's hospitality. The Hotel's complimentary breakfast's, shuttle service, etc. helped immensely at keeping our costs for our trip to a minimum. The pool helped keep us cool. The room was very spacious and comfortable with a nice sitting area separate from the bed area, closet space was a bit tight though, in our room. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. A big "Thanks Y'all" to Hyatt Place from your friends in Alberta, Canada.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was staying here for a meeting.
I've stayed in Hyatt's before but not in a Hyatt place so I was unsure what to expect.
Overall it was pretty good. The rooms are well layed out - the sleeping area is separated by a screen from the rest of the room. The big shower was perfect and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I didn't want to get up the next day.
Unfortunately the room didn't smell very good, especially if the aircon wasn't running. And speaking of the aircon it is probably the noisiest I have ever experienced. That coupled with the road noise made sleeping rather difficult.
Don't go to the Mexican place across the road, the food is awful.
I wouldn't choose to stay here for a vacation however if I return on business I would take my family without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I hit San Antonio a lot on business, for the most part on the north side. I don't tend to stay downtown or at the Riverwalk so, for the past five years, my business alternated between the Drury Inn and Suites and the Hyatt Place, both off 1604, and both usually convenient to where I needed to be.

Usually I booked on rate as the places are near each other. But a bad experience at Drury a year ago (used wash rag hanging in the shower ... shudder) made me reverse course and go here full time.

It's not a bad place to default to. I've noticed, after about six total stays, that the quality of stay can very from room to room. One time, had a beautiful, clean looking room. Three weeks later I had a room on a different floor that seemed a little worn with the furniture showing some tears and the carpet starting to shed a bit.

But it's still the place to stay in that area, IMO. Never had a bad experience with the staff. Sleep decently and, for the most part, it's quiet from room to room. Until someone else muscles in -- maybe the Staybridge near there -- this is going to be the place I book in north San Antonio.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank EarlofRoovel
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Not right on the River Walk, but not River Walk prices either. It's a 10 minute trip to the airport and 15 minute trip to dontown San Antonio in off-peak hours.

The staff was super friendly. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and there is a very small, but very serviceable bar in the lobby. The workout room is small (2 treadmills, an elliptical, a recumbent bike and free weights), but, again, serviceable.

There are a couple of decent eating establishments right on East Sonterra (Lion and Rose Pub, Perico's Mexican Restaurant).

Not a bad deal for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business