“I would not return if it was free!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #56 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
kansas city
“I would not return if it was free!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived lateish and were told all the king rooms were oversold yet there was upfront parking so we were given a handicapped king room. It smelled like old feet. We were moved to a double queen on a different floor and again it smelled only slightly less. I tossed and turned until 0300 and then gave up it is hard to sleep when every time you take a breath all you inhale is funk! Staying here was almost torture and it was a relief to leave. I checked out early and got no help from the front desk. Thanks for nothing.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank KansasCityTootie
HPDOS, Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear KansasCity Tootie,

We are undoubtedly grateful that you have considered our hotel for your most recent stay with us in San Antonio but it is even more displeasing to hear of the less than great experience that you have encountered with us. As a frequent traveler, we understand that Reviews and feedback, provided on behalf of the traveler, allow us to grow and better ourselves as a company. We would like to know more information regarding your stay that way we know to address the situation more diligently and ensure satisfactory stays in the future. I deeply apologize that your stay was less than exceptional and hope to have the opportunity to host you again and rectify this situation.

Best Regards,
Amber Burbage, Corporate Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I arranged to stay here as a "staycation" to escape the chaos of our little monsters/kids. I was in need of some serious relaxation and seen the hotel on Groupon. I purchased two nights because I knew the location and had been to the hotel a year prior. The check in was fast and the room appeared clean. Or so we thought. We go to our room for a nap and notice used, dirty face cloths in the bed. They were from a previous guest. I contacted the front desk and in the first phone call they said they would be right up. 20 minutes later the second phone call was placed to the front desk. They stated they would be there soon. An hour later my husband and I went to the front desk. We spoke with the manager on duty and he got the sheets changed in 5 minutes. Not amused.
The day of checkout I receive the bill under the door. It had charges on it and this was completely to my surprise because as I stated in the beginning I paid with a Groupon, in full before arriving. My husband and I did not have any additional charges to the room beyond the Groupon. When we went to check out I asked about the charges, and the receptionist and the manager (a different one from the other day) told me it would be taken care of. But it hasnt been. I have contacted the hotel numerous times now, speaking with a manager by the name of Amber, trying to get this handled and refunded to my card. Today is the 4/29 and we stayed at the hotel on 4/18-4/20. No refund has been issued and I was told that I needed to just dispute it with my credit card company because they issued the refund but its held up in a "gray area" of their finances. Whhhaaaa??? I just want my money back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Julia H
Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel with my staff, I booked online and saved a few bucks
they checked us in no issue, the lobby was rock'n with people and a good vibe

when i checked into my room, i was very surprised how NICE is really is
two thumbs up Hyatt, keep rock'n in the real world...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel, the staff was very friendly and the room were nice and clean. We stayed during the Easter weekend and really enjoyed our stay here. I didn't mind driving a few extra miles away from downtown but is so close to Fiesta Texas n Sea world! We even attended mass on Sunday at a nearby church. The only negative to our stay was the first night my 3 kids got in The pool at around 8pm but the smell of the chemicals was so strong my eyes were hurting just from sitting by the pool watching my kids, my baby daughter swallow some if the water and was throwing up due to all the chemicals, perhaps they should shack the pool earlier on during the day or after they close it!

Stayed April 2014
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Recently stayed here one weekday evening. Note that the property is not close to downtown San Antonio/Riverwalk, but is a relatively close drive (20 minutes). Check-in was seamless; staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I've stayed at a # of Hyatt Place(s) and they have always been very consistent in terms of cleanliness, size/comfort of the room, and overall service. Nice amenities with the indoor pool and gym. You also have access to a larger gym facility across the freeway although we did not use. Unfortunately, we missed breakfast as it lasts until 9 a.m. If there was one recommendation for this hotel it would be to extend the breakfast time. Nice bonus that check-out was at noon. Room was clean, comfortable, and large. Good night sleep - would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a family trip to San Antonio and stayed at this hotel and had a great time. We traveled with three children under 7 and with the indoor pool in the middle of March, this hotel was a hit.

The free breakfast until 9am during the week and until 10am on Saturday and Sunday is a plus.

The rooms are not as large as we are accustomed to with other suite hotels, but when traveling with family, how much time do you actually spend in the hotel room. The hotel staff is very friendly to both families and the business traveler. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to San Antonio who wants to save money and doesn't want to deal with the traffic that can be present in the downtown area.

The only suggestion I would make to any family is to remove all valuables from your car every night, which is common sense in any city. The parking lot is decently lit, but I did notice that there was a security patrol that drove the lot during the evening, so I was not as concerned as I normally would be. I will say that I did notice a car had been broken into sometime on the Wednesday night that we were there, but it must have been a smash and grab because there was not any visible glass on the ground, which told me that something of value must have been in visible sight.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I love it here. I've been here for several extended stays since last November and everyone here makes me feel like family. They know me by name when I walk in and always make me feel like "I'm coming home". Aside from my genuine love of the staff, I really like the rooms. I stay alone so the size is perfectly fine for me. The food at the cafe is tasty too (you must try the mushroom soup ~ delish!). There are a variety of things available for the complimentary breakfast which is also quite good. They also have a washer/dryer for guest use that comes in quite handy.
I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed March 2014