“Excellent value”

Ranked #52 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I found Hyatt Place a good value, the review is for single night stay end of July 2014.
The hotel is clean, and fairly new, room are adequate size and reasonably done, I understand typical Hyatt Place size. There is quite a useful breakfast, not an elaborate spread, but good enough to get one started. The location has variety of restaurant options, so we did get the kind of food we were wanting.
Overall I will recommend the hotel for business and family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FaReTX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, was able to check in early upon arriving...room was nice and clean, only down fall was no microwave in rooms, but I got over that quickly!!! Couch very comfy...didn't get to sleep in the bed due to others hogging it!! Good continental breakfast!!! As a person that works in customer service, I rate the staff with an A++!!

Will for sure stay here again!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christina K
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not sure what other rooms looked like, but my king room on a government rate was amazing. Very nice bed in a separate sleeping area divided from the living area by a half wall and huge swivel TV. The living area had a large L shaped sofa that was very nice. The TV was large and high quality, with a panel to plug in any electronics you want - nice to be able to watch my Netflix on a regular TV while travelling. Breakfast was excellent with lots of variety and freshness. The hotel is new. Location is okay - it's on the outer loop of San Antonio in a busy area but on major highways so you could get wherever you wanted - down town, Fiesta Texas, Six Flags, the Missions, etc., etc. Close to just about any fast food or casual chain you could want as well as local restaurants. Next to a Wal-Mart, so if you need anything it's right there as well. Not a bad drive to/from the airport. I would recommend this place; for the price it was a whole lot nicer than I am used to while travelling for business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
North Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed here twice recently as I was taking my kids to camp in the Hill Country. The pool is indoor, there is a sunning area outside. The staff is friendly and promptly brought us another mini refrigerator when I noticed ours wasn't working. That was great to have for snacks and drinks (we brought our own).

Room Tip: Higher floors on the ends are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank homeschool7
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were in San Antonio for a wedding. Hyatt Place was convenient for us and easy to find. The room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. The front desk was friendly, I would stay here again if I come to San Antonio.

Room Tip: We had a high floor, great view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed at several Hyatt Place Hotels and all of them are really nice. What sets this one apart from the others is the friendly staff working here. In particular Yvette. Another guest and I were talking about the staff here and we were both pleased with her. She handles herself in a very professional manner, yet very friendly. She made me feel welcome the moment I walked in the hotel. She gave me a tour of the 1st floor. I've stayed at many Hyatt hotels and this has never happened before. The only set back (sorry) is there wasn't a hot tub...bummer!!
Thanks for your hospitality Yvette. Look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Always request top floor and the further from the elevator the better. who wants to hear the elevato...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lorrie G
Centereach, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed only one night and had no problems. The place is new and very clean. The staff was very pleasant. At check in, all ameneties were exlained to us and a short tour given. There is a small fitness area and if you want to get a real work out, guests are able to use the gym across the street at no charge. The breakfast bar was fresh and had a variety of selections offered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple