“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #51 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Katy, Texas
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week. We decided to take a mini-vacation from Friday-Sunday, and our experience was GREAT!! The staff was super friendly from the time we got there until the minute we walked out the door. The room was super clean and comfy, and the breakfast....BEST breakfast I've tried at any hotel! It's not super close to any of the main attractions, but the driving is doable (max 30 min to get to Seaworld). I'd definitely recommend it! You won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night August 16. Did not like this hotel one bit. It was unclean and dirty. Should of stayed at a Starwood property where I get points. Very dissatisfied with this brand of hotel. It is not a good choice. Stay somewhere else please!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Gigi392013
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our experience here was not good. We arrived at 7 p.m., 4 hours after check in time, only to find that the queen room we booked was not yet ready for us. We'd been on the road with children for 8 hours so settled for a king room - pretty inconvenient for a family of 4. We figured we'd put the kids on the pull out couch. We pulled the mattress from the couch to find a brown stain on the mattress pad - ick! We looked in the closet for more linens and found a hair on the sheets stored there. Another ick. All we had for this pull out was sheet. When we called the front desk to ask for a blanket, they told us to come down to the front desk to get one. Not what I wanted to hear after driving 8 hours with kids and check in late only to find my reserved room not ready. The rugs in the room were badly stained. The closet is awkwardly located and it was difficult to get our luggage in there for storage. Drawer space was limited. We had a coffee maker in our room with coffee and tea. No sugar, no creamer, no stirrers. We had an ice bucket but no glasses. No plastic cups to use for drinks or for rinsing after tooth brushing. This hotel badly lacked attention to details. There was no booklet of amenities in our room. I had to ask the desk for things like pool hours and breakfast hours. I thought I'd read about food service, but there was no menu in our room; had to go to the desk for that also. When I suggested it would be helpful to have this basic information in the room, the desk clerk printed a list of amenities off their website. Having a list of amenities without hours was not at all helpful. As I said, this hotel is lacking in the details department. I will say the staff were pleasant but they seemed short staffed. There is a shower in the room but no tub; not convenient when traveling with young children. The sink it not in the bathroom, but in the room, meaning if I was up early, I could not do hair or makeup without waking my husband, who was sleeping 3 feet from the sink/vanity area. Bad set up, Dirty room. Lacking amenities and customer service. Breakfast was a crowded fiasco. Low quality food. There were supposedly 6 different kinds of tea, however, only 1 of them was stocked. I wasn't sure what to eat and finally had decided on oatmeal. I noticed the hot oatmeal lid was ajar and right at that moment saw a staffer spraying cleaner on the counter right near the oatmeal. Ick! Needless to say, I didn't get the oatmeal. I prefer it without traces of cleaning chemicals. We cut our stay short as we were very unhappy in this hotel. The free Wi-Fi was also spotty at best.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I found Hyatt Place a good value, the review is for single night stay end of July 2014.
The hotel is clean, and fairly new, room are adequate size and reasonably done, I understand typical Hyatt Place size. There is quite a useful breakfast, not an elaborate spread, but good enough to get one started. The location has variety of restaurant options, so we did get the kind of food we were wanting.
Overall I will recommend the hotel for business and family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FaReTX
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, was able to check in early upon arriving...room was nice and clean, only down fall was no microwave in rooms, but I got over that quickly!!! Couch very comfy...didn't get to sleep in the bed due to others hogging it!! Good continental breakfast!!! As a person that works in customer service, I rate the staff with an A++!!

Will for sure stay here again!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christina K
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not sure what other rooms looked like, but my king room on a government rate was amazing. Very nice bed in a separate sleeping area divided from the living area by a half wall and huge swivel TV. The living area had a large L shaped sofa that was very nice. The TV was large and high quality, with a panel to plug in any electronics you want - nice to be able to watch my Netflix on a regular TV while travelling. Breakfast was excellent with lots of variety and freshness. The hotel is new. Location is okay - it's on the outer loop of San Antonio in a busy area but on major highways so you could get wherever you wanted - down town, Fiesta Texas, Six Flags, the Missions, etc., etc. Close to just about any fast food or casual chain you could want as well as local restaurants. Next to a Wal-Mart, so if you need anything it's right there as well. Not a bad drive to/from the airport. I would recommend this place; for the price it was a whole lot nicer than I am used to while travelling for business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
North Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed here twice recently as I was taking my kids to camp in the Hill Country. The pool is indoor, there is a sunning area outside. The staff is friendly and promptly brought us another mini refrigerator when I noticed ours wasn't working. That was great to have for snacks and drinks (we brought our own).

Room Tip: Higher floors on the ends are quieter.