“BMT training trip”

Ranked #126 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“BMT training trip”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was a very nice place to stay when we went to San Antonio for my son's BMT graduation at Lackland AFB! It was close enough to the base and many families from graduation stayed there. The breakfast was good, nice enough to grab a bagel or fruit before we left on Thurs and Friday for ceremonies. Everyone there was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. The 54th street restaurant next door, my son said the pulled pork sandwich was great! The bathroom areas are separate (toilet and shower) which is nice but there is no exhaust fan in the shower area. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and I will share your comments with the staff. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is my first time ever writing a review on any hotel. This was a great choice for my family. My son graduated from the Air Force at Lackland Air Force base on May 16, 2014. We enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer. Approximately 14 minutes to the Air Force Base, 3 minute walk to the 54th Street restaurant next door to hotel (and they have the best food), indoor heated pool and gym. The full continental breakfast was AMAZING, the staffs were friendly, and the rooms were clean. I would stay here again and I would highly recommend it to EVERYONE. Best of all Wal-Mart was literally behind the fence and you could walk there. The only con I saw was the bathroom did not have ventilation to remove the steam from the bathroom after taking a hot shower.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon D
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay. I have shared your comments with the staff so that we can address the concern you mentioned. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide a pleasant experience during your visit.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is going to be my hotel when in San Antonio. I have stayed downtown countless times but will be back to this location for sure.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and greeted me with a smile from the moment I arrived until I left. The rooms were large and fresh, I really like the new designs of the SpringHills. I like the fact that this one has a fantastic restaurant within walking distance along with many other retail stores like Wal-mart, Academy, Harbor Freight.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay out of downtown but be close to every type of retail you want and need.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Aaron S
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and comments. As a valued guest your feedback is a very important part to our continued success. I will share your review with my entire staff and management team. Again, thank you!
San Antonio
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Buyer beware: As wonderful as our stay was last fall, we were disappointed that rates have doubled since our last stay, so we had to downgrade to a split between a Travel Lodge and La Quinta hotel and unable to rate again. *~*

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to review and comment on our hotel. I hope that in the future the season and rates offered are more comparable to your travel needs. I do look forward to serving your hotel needs in the future.
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We love Springhill their beds are comfy and rooms are modern, always clean! This location was perfect for Seaworld as well as downtown. The people at the desk we kind and knowledgable. My only complaint small pool and a very loud hallway. Lots of kids screaming well into the night but that was not the hotels fault I blame their parents! Breakfast left a little to be desired compared to other Springhill locations we have stayed at but this may be because it is a busier location! Probably would stay again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you very much for a great review and valuable comments. I have shared your concerns with the entire staff so that we can continue to provide the level of service you deserve.
Cottonwood, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable beds, very clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast (although hotel was very busy and staff had a hard time keeping food available), large lobby area with lots of tables and chairs for eating and hanging out, lots of dining and shopping nearby, close to Lackland AFB. Would definitely stay here again if ever in San Antonio!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. As a valued guest your comments are very important to us. I will share your comments with my staff to help insure we continue to provide the level of service that you received and to improve in areas that you pointed out.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel basically because it is very close to SeaWorld. - it is about 5 miles away. Great location! You get there in 5-7 minutes in the morning.

As for the hotel itself, it is very family friendly. The rooms are a good size - we had a comfortably sized King suite with a sofa bed for our 7 year old. I thought the room size was a great value for the money we spent. The decor is modern, and linen and bathrooms clean. The toilet and shower/ sink areas were separate.

Breakfast was quite good - waffles, eggs, bacon, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. My suggestion to the hotel staff is that they should put the waffle machine station a little farther from the eating area, as a huge line forms in front of the waffle maker.

The parking is free (although the parking lot gets full really quick!) and free Wi-fi. There was also a gym and an indoor pool, but we did not get down to using those.

Would definitely stay here again, and recommend it for families visiting SeaWorld Antonio.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Parul75
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for such a nice review. As a valued guest your comments and concerns are very important. I will share your comments with my staff. I appreciate your intent to return and look forward to serving your hotel needs.