“A very good Holiday Inn and upgraded also a treat.”

Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Ranked #158 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“A very good Holiday Inn and upgraded also a treat.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We arrived at the Holiday Inn in San Antonio on the afternoon of Monday 15th April after a hard ride from Del Rio on our Harleys. We were given an immediate upgrade and the room was very good. Also staff were very knowledgeable about local restaurants and other facilities.
Room on the 2nd floor was quiet and no noise from inside or outside in the car park.
We were able to leave our Harley motor cycles under the cover of the front of the hotel courtesy of the hotel. The swimming pool was clean as was the spa but a little small for lap swimming. A good breakfast with service this morning all added to the good experience.
Well worth a visit and very friendly reception.

Room Tip: Our room was first class and on the 2nd floor with lots of space and even a balcony to go outside an...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WiggleOxford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel with the breakfast coupons. The room was great clean, comfortable beds.

The Hotel restaurant was included in our price for breakfast. Julie at the restaurant was a great server/host. She remembered our drink order ever day we where there, and that my wife wanted scrambled egg beater instead of the regular eggs at the buffet.

The maids were also great. Our maid had a great sense of humor and would prop up our kids stuffed animals up in different positions everyday.

Hotel indoor pool was nice when there weren't the millions kids in there. but that's to be expected any time you go some where on spring break.

2 Thank persichini
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

In town for our son's wedding. Stayed six nights. Absolutely satisfied.

Room: Clean, modern, great shower, prompt and quick housekeeping.

Restaurant/Bar: Good food. Great service. Julie and Daisy totally ROCK. They called in extra hands when the hotel was full. [Awesome bacon!]

Staff: Not a bad one in the bunch! Kala [manager], Ashley, Porsha, Sandra, Ruben, Jessie and EVERYONE. Attentive and accommodating. And endlessly patient with all the comings, goings and special requests of a big family in town for the wedding.

Not only would I recommend this hotel to others, I would not think of staying anywhere else whenever I'm in San Antonio. Outstanding.

2 Thank DWSelby
Conyers
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed on fourth floor, king bed, regular bath. The room was exceptionally clean and spacious. Had refrig, microwave, coffee maker, nice counter space in bathroom. The reception was good when checking in. There is no breakfast offered, but there is a restaurant on sight. There are no eating establishments in the immediate area, but others are not far down the road. The hotel does have easy access off of the highway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I wasn't so excited about the hotel in general, but it is ok, the rooms were large and the beds, pillows were great. The amenities aren't up to the standard of other Holiday Inns, we had to ask for everything. The food on the restaurant is expensive for what we had. The swimming pool was full of screaming kids and they took over the jacuzzi, which I really wanted to soak in.

Anyway, I would return but not during Spring Break.

1 Thank Bonnie S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found our rooms to be comfortable. However, I regret that the food served did not completely meet your standards. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I never take the time to write a review after traveling for business but I will this one time because of several reasons. My room was nice, clean & convenient to the aiport off of Redland Road, lots of privacy and no horrible noise from the highway. Each morning I went down to have coffee and fruit and was greeted by a server named Julie. On my 2nd day, she saw me, had my table ready, my coffee coming up and my fruit on the way. I didn't even have to ask for one thing, she read my mind. She turned a horrible business trip around by her wonderul attitude each morning. I will definately come back and stay here again. Good job Holiday Inn.
Sincerely, Mr. Glazer. ej_9321@yahoo.com

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark G
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 February 2013

After working a long day and two flights I arrived at 9:45 on a Wednesday evening. The restaurant was open and room service should have been available but nobody would come to the front of the restaurant or answer their phone. It was a couple of miles down the highway to a fast food place. Not good customer service.

Thursday evening ordered a room service hamburger; to be informed that two people had not shown up for work and there was not anybody to make a room service delivery. I was encouraged to order and come pick it up. No desserts were available because they were waiting on a "delivery." I ordered the burger - it was not ready in a timely fashion and the meat tasted old. The burger was medium rare while I'd requested medium well.

In lieu of dessert the people working the restaurant suggested I get something from the pantry. I followed their suggestion and purchased some candy and CrackerJacks. Both the malted milk balls and crackerjacks were stale.

Finally, the day of departure Sunday - I phoned for a 7:30 wakeup call.. No wakeup call came. In the evening the front desk personnel are rarely at the desk but are sitting over in the lobby watching television.

There seems to be a management problem at this particular property. The hotel is clean, bed is comfortable and room is well appointed. This is a newer property and needed to have done a better job for me.

Room Tip: There is a Drury Inn just off I-10 with similar rates. Friends indicate it is a great value.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank clcsr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear clcsr,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff and for the poor food selection which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.