“Great Staff and awesome facility”

Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Ranked #156 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Staff and awesome facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great hotel and venue for events. We used the facility to host a training seminar and the hotel provided dwelling for our speaker. Everyone was very pleased with the overall experience. Definitely highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a one-night stay here for work. Hotel is on the northern edge of San Antonio - not good if you are visiting downtown, but convenient for me as I was able to avoid rush hour traffic leaving the next morning.

Typical newer Holiday Inn property - modern décor, small restaurant and bar, fitness area, etc. Room was clean, good sized bathroom. Nice staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

My son and I took our annual trip, this year to San Antonio. Upon checking in, the first room had a terrible odor. I asked to move to another room. Same odor and the new room had long lack hairs on the pillow. The rooms were beat, furniture and walls scratched. The third room was more beat than the first two. The front desk did try to accommodate us, but they seemed aggregated by our displeasure. We left the hotel. Holiday Inn has lost my business. Disgusted.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Segalini09
gmredland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback here for the Holiday Inn North-Hill Country. We appreciate your comments and though we strive for 100% quality in cleanliness and customer service; it is unfortunate we could not satisfy to your expectations. I hope when you return to San Antonio that you do consider giving us another opportunity for another first impression.

Velma Ramos(FOM)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family and I went to San Antonio for the day and stayed at the nearest hotel we found and boy were we glad it was this one! The place is fairly new 2-3yrs old. Has really nice room and free internet. Also has an indoor pool. The staff are very friendly and even advised us of local events and restaurants to try out. All in all couldn't have asked for a better place.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor was real quite. If you want easy access to the ice machine just ask to be...
1 Thank DaPeoplesBarber_com
gmredland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to San Antonio. I was thrilled to learn about your recent visit with us. I hope you can come visit again sometime soon.
FOM
Cory Harp
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I live in Los Angeles, CA and I was planning my Family Reunion to be held in San Antonio, TX. I thought the process was going to be very hard, but Ashleigh was amazing even before I arrived. She went above and beyond helping me plan my Reunion. I was always able to email her or call with any question I had. When I arrived at the Holiday Inn it was just amazing. The hotel was very clean, the amenities were great, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel overall was amazing. I thank Ashleigh very much because she just made the overall planning from another state very easy and while I was there she helped make the banquet amazing, even with all the last minute changes and additions. The Holiday Inn San Antonio is amazing and I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
gmredland, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We’re absolutely ecstatic that you and your family enjoyed every second of your family reunion. We hope you can make it out again next year.
-Cory(FOM)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were a little leery of staying at this hotel simply because it's hard to get to/from, but by the end of our stay we didn't want to leave! We showed up too early to check in, but PORSHA, the front desk gal, gave us a card and said we could call in a couple hours to see if our room was ready. After a great lunch off site, we called the hotel and sure enough, our room was ready and it was only 2pm! PORSHA had selected a room for us that was quiet with a nice view of the stand of trees. She made the trip amazing! From choosing a room that was perfect to making sure we got a luggage cart she made sure we were well taken care of our whole stay. The room was great, the beds/pillows comfortable. I wish they had a complimentary breakfast, but the breakfast we ordered from room service was delicious and delivered on time. Fridge and microwave in room nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the freeway quieter
1 Thank WonderWoman210
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was sitting in the lobby, waiting for the 3PM check in. Sandra (front desk) asked me if I was waiting for somebody. I told her no, I was waiting for 3PM so I could check in. She told me there were available rooms now. With a great smile, she checked me in at around 2:30 PM! I was impressed because early check in ( even just half an hour early) is an issue at many hotels. The room was somewhat small, but clean and quiet. I did not eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that. There are nearby restaurants I went to. Sandra checked me out-again with a great smile.
The service at this hotel was great. I gave the hotel only 4 stars instead of 5 stars for 2 reasons:
1. There is a noticeable amount of trash in the back parking lot on the grass, in front of the barbed wire fence at the back.
2. I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn in Dallas where there was a great complimentary breakfast. There is no complimentary breakfast in this hotel. That needs to change.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor and towards the back facing the back parking lot. I did and it is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo