“Still a good place to stay”

Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Ranked #163 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Edgewood, New Mexico
“Still a good place to stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I’ve stayed multiple times at this hotel in the last few years. It has varied a bit as far as quality goes, but it is mostly a good place to stay when in town on business. It is a bit of a drive from downtown, so be sure and consider the traffic (in any direction) if you have to commute during peak hours.

As for the hotel, my check-in experience was fine. My room was clean, but the bed was made up with the duvet/sheet tucked in so that it only reached about half way up the bed. I had to re-make it in order to be under the covers. The room was quiet and comfortable. Hotel internet was adequate but not fast. I enjoyed visiting with the bartender while I had a meal at the bar.

This hotel isn’t anything really special, but it works just fine for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I reserved the hotel banquet room for my son's birthday/middle school graduation party in June 2014. The entire booking, organizing and executing experience was flawless and thankfully "uneventful" due to the fantastic hotel staff. Lisa York, the Director of Sales, who booked my event was attentive and ensured that I was completely satisfied with the banquet room, menu selection and especially my budget! Thank you so very much Lisa, Lonnie and Lamar for truly making the celebration a memorable one for my son, he had a blast!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mika C
Denver, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My group trusted me to select a hotel and after careful reaserch selected Holiday Inn at San Antonio Hill Country. Everyone in the group gave a great feedback stating the location was great, rooms were spacious. Lisa York was great to work with, responsive and willing to work with us on meeting our group requirements.

Will definatley recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Manish M
GRAND PRAIRIE
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The overall Hotel was wonderful. The front desk was rude in dealing with my son and my daughter at check in as they had confirmation numbers and the reservations were in my name and I explained they were arriving after me and I provided their names at the front desk which was not communicated to other staff and the process was a bit soured for my adult children checking in. Another upsetting item the front desk charged a twenty dollar incidental fee and did not disclose this at the time of check in. Other than this bump the trip was fun and the hotel was all we could ask for.

Room Tip: Make sure that windows are locked in your room upon arrival. Not sure who unlocked the window in our...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We used to stay at this property when we regularly visited SA before we moved here. The location is perfect for us and there is an Angry Elephant Bar next door (sort of) that is a great place to hang and to have some drinks with really nice people. The hotel is great except that it seems to cater to some lower-class type families that allow their kids to run wild and make excessive noise. The roof deck was always nasty with trash and filth left by others for days. Every time that we stayed there we have encountered this problem and after reporting this to hotel management numerous times it was determined that they just didn't care. So we started staying at another IHG property just up 281.

Room Tip: Pick a different property.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear 1BigSaintsFan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to know that our location was perfect for your purpose of travel. However, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our service, particularly with the upkeep of our facility. I appreciate that you have brought this to our attention for this will help us target specific areas we need to improve upon.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we get another chance to host you in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a block of 10 rooms and everyone in our basketball group team & parents were very pleased the hotel staff was outstanding from the front desk to the cleaning service and the maintance staff and everytime the Texas hurricanes stay in San Antonio there is no doubt we will stay at the Holiday inn Redland road also the breakfast Buffett and bar was amazing thanks again to everyone at the Holiday inn Redland road & director of sales for making our weekend stay a great experience for our team & parents.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great also as a bonus there a lounge,pizza shop,tattoo shop, and sports bar all in...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe E
gmredland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us during your stay. We’re absolutely ecstatic that you and your team enjoyed every second of your stay. Can't wait to see you all next year.

Velma Ramos
Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice, newer hotel about 20 miles from downtown about 10 minutes north of SAT. The hotel was nice, but I didn't spend much time here, just for sleeping. I left early in the AM for a conference downtown and hit the rush hour commute on 281 which was a little slow, but overall not bad. If you are looking for a reasonably-priced hotel this will work for you. The one caveat is that you need a car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo