Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$367
US$185
US$179
US$356
US$314
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$221
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$293
US$251
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$364
US$356
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
US$388
US$337
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe room was exceptionally cleanbusiness officestraight shotnice indoor poolfront desk staffnewer hotelair conditionerthese issueshotel managementlight sleepernight's sleepquiet locationcomplimentary breakfastcomfortable staymeeting roomroom servicespring break
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The staff and management were very professional and helpful during a lightning storm evacuation. They made us feel safe and secure throughout the process. The general manager was courteous and understanding and calming.

The rooms were clean and smelled very fresh, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dee J
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stay at many hotels; most recently a Courtyard Marriott in San Antonio this past Saturday. Upon returning to San Antonio on Monday I booked the Holiday Inn at Stone Oak. Luckily I booked it on Priceline and did not pay the full price the Holiday Inn website was asking because my stay had been lacking. I booked my reservation online and then immediately called the hotel to ask of I could have a crib in my room and if I could have a room with a King bed. The person I spoke to told me that no beds were assigned yet and that I could request my preference when I checked in. On arrival at a 2 PM check-in I was greeted by three very unfriendly front desk staff. There was nobody else in the hotel lobby except for my 16 month old daughter and myself. My toddler was ancy from a long car ride and was running around the lobby as I waited for the clerk, Genevive, to check me in. She and the two other front desk staff were complaining openly about another employee. The entire time Genevive was checking me in she complained and bashed another employee "where is she anyway? What does she even do? She is never here. Oh there she is parking. Why is she parking there? The police are going to drive by and check for the stickers..." It went on and on and not once did she address me any further than asking for my credit card or ID. I felt like an intruder to a private conversation except I was a guest checking into a hotel. Meanwhile my toddler is running a muck in the lobby and ready for a nap, but the check in process is taking a long time because of the conversation and I can't get a word in edgewise. I ask Genevive if I could get a room with a King bed and she said "you're booked for two standards." I asked her if I could please get a room with a King bed and her response was, "you have the standards, do you need a king?" She typed some more and continued talking to her fellow front desk mates and never acknowledged if I was getting the room type I had just requested. It was a Monday and didn't think the hotel was booked so really didn't understand why my request was met with such hesitation. She printed a form and asked me to initial and sign. I saw that the form said standards and not king but I did note that there was a request for a crib written on there. I asked Genevive if they would have the crib in the room so my daughter could nap and she told me it wouldn't be up until later and she wasn't sure what time they would bring it. Definitely not the answer I was hoping for. I went up to my room and facility wise the hotel was clean. The room to my surprise did have a king bed but I still did not have a crib for my daughter. I ended up leaving an hour later to take my daughter to the zoo and on my way out I stopped by the front and again reminded them that I needed a crib in my room. We returned to the hotel at 6:30 and were ready for bath and bed, but there was still no crib in my room. I called down to the front desk and this time spoke with Lauren. I told her I still hadn't received my crib. She was very apologetic and told me she would have the crib sent right up. We decided to go for a swim while we waited and thank goodness by the time we returned to our room at 7:30 (5.5 hrs since check in) I had a crib in my room! I also had requested extra towels because we had to use our bath towels at the pool. The towels available at the pool might as well be wash cloths because they didn't even wrap around our bodies. Needless to say, I did not receive the extra towels I requested. With so many other 3 star hotel options in this area I should have gone with my tried and true Hyatt Place. My family and I travel very often, especially in the summer, and this experience has by far been the worst. I hope the customer service improves for any future patrons, until then I would check out other nearby hotels before this one.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kk43565
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Kk43565,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially the customer service provided by our staff which is unacceptable. We will address this concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Made a VERY CLEAR reservation request that we needed CONNECTING rooms for our family since one of our sons is autistic. When we got there they had no connecting rooms. We were told that there were no notes on the reservation stating that we needed connecting rooms. Okay, so all of you out there with a disability... I know you are always making sure that your travels are set up appropriately. You never miss a beat right?! Right! The front desk person, Lauren, just kept saying "I'm sorry" over and over... like she was programmed... but with no intention to resolve the issue and certainly no empathy for the situation. After getting the manager on the phone and finally being told they would have a room in an hour.... 4 HOURS LATER they finally got a connecting room for us.
They really need to work on their customer skills and their accommodations for the disabled.
Very disappointing...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Celeste M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Celeste M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the poor service you received and your room accommodation. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I’ve stayed multiple times at this hotel in the last few years. It has varied a bit as far as quality goes, but it is mostly a good place to stay when in town on business. It is a bit of a drive from downtown, so be sure and consider the traffic (in any direction) if you have to commute during peak hours.

As for the hotel, my check-in experience was fine. My room was clean, but the bed was made up with the duvet/sheet tucked in so that it only reached about half way up the bed. I had to re-make it in order to be under the covers. The room was quiet and comfortable. Hotel internet was adequate but not fast. I enjoyed visiting with the bartender while I had a meal at the bar.

This hotel isn’t anything really special, but it works just fine for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I reserved the hotel banquet room for my son's birthday/middle school graduation party in June 2014. The entire booking, organizing and executing experience was flawless and thankfully "uneventful" due to the fantastic hotel staff. Lisa York, the Director of Sales, who booked my event was attentive and ensured that I was completely satisfied with the banquet room, menu selection and especially my budget! Thank you so very much Lisa, Lonnie and Lamar for truly making the celebration a memorable one for my son, he had a blast!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family