“My 10 year old loved it! ”

Natural Bridge Caverns
Ranked #8 of 265 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come on down (way down) at the largest underground attraction in Texas! Daily guided tours allow guests to explore large underground chambers and see huge formations. The largest room is bigger than a football field. Above ground, discover rocks, minerals, and rough-cut gems at the Natural Bridge Mining Company Sluice. The Canopy Challenge will test your agility on over 40 different obstacles while you are on our 4 story, 60 foot high Adventure Course. Then you can fly across the scenic Texas Hill Country on our zip-lines! (Canopy Challenge is open daily but weather dependent.)
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My 10 year old loved it! ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We went on the fly, on the way home from a trip to San Antonio. My only disappointment is that we didn't go here sooner! There is so much to do.... We did the two cave tours (discovery and hidden passages), the maze, panned for stones, and cracked our own geod. With lunch, dippin dots, and homemade lemonade, we had a full and fun day. We plan to return to do the challenge course and the more advanced caving activities. The landscaping is beautiful, and there is a very nice covered pavilion with fans and misters. By 3 pm it was very hot, so I recommend coming early. My son really enjoyed everything we did!

1 Thank Julie H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Springdale, Arkansas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Adventure course is fabulous for kids and parents!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went to Natural Bridge expecting to see the caverns but ended up skipping the cave and did the Adventure Course instead...and came back later in the day to do it again! This is a 5 story adventure climb/ropes course. You are harnessed in and then get 30 minutes to climb freely. We probably spent 45 min - 1 hr each time as they weren't watching our wrist bands that closely and it wasn't too crowded. It was a perfect mother daughter bonding experience for us, so much that we went back a 2nd time. They have free lockers to put your things in.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer B
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Gross...not for small children! ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I guess I should have read ALL of the reviews, prior to visiting. Young children (under 5) should not be charged to enter this place. I'm not an icky sticky type of person, so this was definitely not my cup of tea.
My two year old cried most of the way, we were slipping and falling, and the rails were disgustingly wet and gross.
Yes I know it's a cave, I just wish they would have advised the proper attire to wear...I needed tennis shoes, old clothes, gloves and a hat.
And after the hike through the hot moist cave, they have the audacity to make you purchase water at the exit, REALLY?!? They would rather you pass out, than give you a bottle of water that cost them 15 cents!
Not impressed...I should have gotten my money back.

6 Thank Heather S
Oklahoma
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Very Nice place”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to do the Vertical obstacle & zip adventure. We arrived at about 9:30 am just before this opened. The park is very clean and well laid out. We signed up for the challenge and were gearing up quickly. We did the zip lines first which included two zips, one over to a tower and then back. The zip lines are very smooth and not too fast, perfect for beginners. Next we did the obstacle course which was a lot of fun being challenged. After we finished we decided to take a tour of the caverns, It is of course a lot of climbing up and down, very humid and warm in the caverns. Interesting but almost to hot. Plan to come early to avoid the long long long lines we saw as we were leaving.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank LindaRad
Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great Place for the Family”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great place to spend the day. You want to picnic? They have nice tables outside in the shade trees. You want to eat inside? No problem, and the food is not bad nor too pricey. They have several cavern tours you can take, but this is where the price can get steep. Besides the cavern tours, you can also zip line, climb the outdoor ropes course, or go panning for gems! The indoor wine and beer and candy shoppe is really lame though. I would never pay $6.95 for a small bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfandel, but then I like good wine! Anyway, they could do a lot to improve that shop, but the other activities were lots of fun and I highly recommend spending the day if you have plenty of money to spend on their activities. The facility is very well maintained, and it was a pleasure to be there.

Visited July 2014