“An overlooked neighbor ....”

Chong's Korean Restaurant
Ranked #785 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Description: We serve authentic Korean food. West Side is the Best Side in San Antonio for Korean Food.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“An overlooked neighbor ....”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Authentic homestyled korean cuisine freshly prepared, just make sure you know or tell them the level of the spicyness or hotness of your meal. I didn't know they have been at this location for 3 years till a friend of mine who owns a restaurant nearby told me and I saw CHONGS business card on the community table. The place is clean, well lit and no funny odors. So I called Chris and Jen to join me for dinner and we enjoyed the clear sweet potatoe noodle dish and the pork bul-gogi plus the little side dishes. The owner Chong had time to chat with us and was very friendly we had the whole place to ourselves. Yummy and Thumbs Up !

• Visited March 2013

Bulverde, Texas, United States
“Helpful waitress in a busy restaurant”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My friend and I decided we want to eat Korean and this came up on Yahoo. They have received an award for a clean kitchen by a local news station and we took this as a good sign. The place was filled with Air Force which we also took as a good sign, since they looked like regulars. I have no idea what we ordered by name, but it was like fried potstickers and they were fantastic. The food was really good, but messier than I imagined. There were no forks anywhere. Only chopsticks. The waitress kept my tea filled, and interacted with us often helping us make choices and giving us great suggestions.

It was more expensive than I expected because we didn't choose the specials, but it was worth it for a new restaurant. I would definitely go back!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Andrea S
Austin, Texas
“Over priced & not that good”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I always try Korean restaurant whenever I visit new city. After reading Yelp review & since it was close to where I was I decided to try this place (otherwise I had to drive about 20 minutes to different location)
Banchan was good but I don't know about the service. She was nice but she asked me if I need anything else 5 minutes I started eating. After that she never stop by to see if I want more Banchan. I ordered Uk-Gae Jang which is a spicy beef soup w/vegi. I ordered 8 starts out of 10 & it wasn't spicy but way too oily. Looks like the cook used the chili oil.
Beef broth was too weak & the flavor wasn't there. The price was $9.99 & for the food I ate, it was over priced. Would I come back? No... I will drive little further to have a good food & not thinking I over paid.

• Visited December 2011